a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

quilting day

http://www.quilttrendsmag.com/freeprojects/index.shtm

Just a few items for gifts , going from simple pillowcases right down to a beautiful quilt.

It was a day to enjoy as Pat and I went to our quilting group , but first to Starbucks for a coffee and a chat. No good gossip this morning LOL.

At quilting some of the ladies had finished quilt and the latest quilting item is a spread for the bottom of the bed. Actually it is called a quilted bed runner.
A bed runner for a bride who chose these colours. Her bridesmaid's dresses were in this colour.  It was very impressive and the back had some photos of the bride on it.

If you want to see some just type that into your browse. There are a number of  different sites you can go to see them.


This is Wendy's beautiful flower quilt- all applique. Too bad the flowers are not that viewable, a new word, I just made it up LOL.
But I did take a photo of two blocks mainly because I love Dresden Plates and these are miniature Dresden Plates.
Number one Desden Plate. Adorable isn't it.
Pretty in blue, reminds me of an old, old song, In My Sweet Little Alice Blue Gown. I sang that song on the radio when I was about 12. Never got famous though LOL!!!!

I still am working on my yoyos.  Oh I know the ladies are making quilts and I am messing around with yoyos but I also unsewed an applique  block that had the pieces on the wrong side of the fabric. I wonder how that happened LOL. Some day I hope to complete my Drunkards Path quilt when I figure out the setting I want.

We wanted to think about what to do for a friend's 80th birthday . I brought two of my Keepsake Quilting catalogues as the ladies were talking about buying the one of the set of  quiltblocks in it. I still think we could get something here if we tried. I think I must check out Hamels. Pauline has a lot of good stuff in her store and she will take orders and send the package by mail. I have done that twice with her.

Also there is a quilt show on the North Shore tomorrow and Saturday. I asked Ray about going and he seemed to be amenable to that. Now I need to get the map off the net.

The Jubilee is over. It was a most stupendous honouring of the queen. Prince Philip is still in the hospital with a bladder infection. I can relate to that and feel sorry for him. I wish him well.

Ray went to Walmart today while I was at quilting. He always likes to go there by himself when I am not available. He bought himself a wrist splint because his writ and thumb are causing him so much pain and the pills are not helpping much. He has rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed a few years ago but this is his first bad attack. He has two hands that are out of order, his right one has the RA and in 1977 he cut off all the fingers of his left hand on a table saw.  I was able to  get him to the hospital right away with his fingers in a towel wrapped  over his hand ,  where a very prominent plastic surgeon was on duty. He put them all back on and said if  he kept them for 10 days they would stay and here he is so many years later. The issue with them is there are no knuckles so he can't bend them  and that is why both of his hands are not working right now.
Now with that sad story ended I am going to sign off.
Have a lovely evening folks.
                    Bon Soir.
                                       

l

No comments: