a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 8, 2012

Great news and Sad news


http://debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.com/2012/06/fat-cats-in-city-pattern.html

Some very fat cats and not too many corners and points to do. Well except for the bow ties.
http://pamsclub.com/free-for-everyone/57-miscellaneous/233-cat-in-the-attic

Cats are the thing today and these four are cute paper piecing ones.

House and more houses. I am not a fan of house blocks but then I believe I have said before I need to put up something I don't care for once in a while.
http://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Free-Patterns-W4.aspx


I got the most stunning surprise today. A gift of a beautiful large quilt from my internet Flyladies quilt group. I was so surprised as I thought it was something I had ordered from Hamels. I said to Ray I don't know why she put it in such a big box! LOL.
My dear friends I thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. It is a totally unexpected gift and I can't say thank you too many times.
That is the happy news.

The sad news is that "I'll Have Another " has a bad leg and won't be running in the big race tomorow. We are all very disappointed. They say he will never run another race. Ray says they can use him as a stud and maybe there will be another little "I'll Have Another " Let's hope! Being put out to pasture and as a stud can't be too unhappy a lifestyle for a horse.

Ray and I went to the Lion's Gate quilt guild show this morning. I enjoyed it but Ray has to sit down most of the time now so it wasn't a lot of fun for him but I was grateful that he agreed to take me. The  following pictures will be the photos that I took before my battery RAN OUT. Can you tell I am mad about that. I must remember to charge it before the next quilt show.
Here goes!
I like this one for a boy.

These were the tiniest Cathedral  Windows I have ever seen and it was a big quilt too. Imagine the work!
Great applique!!

Beautiful Snail's Trail tesselates. Gorgeous.

Many Fish...

These look like Arabian tiles, beautiful on black.

Stars all over the night sky.

Isn't he gorgeous? And red!!

I love this quilt, it is so representative of our province British Columbia where the eagels soar outside our window.

Amazing!

You know why I chose this one don't you. Drunkard's Path.
Recognize this. It is the pincushion and scissor holder that I had on my blog the other day.  http://pennyshands.blogspot.com/2010/08/hexie-caddy-tutorial.html?m=1
I saw it at the quilt show today. Loved it!

Oh such lovely teapots whistling and pouring!

Just because I love
 jack o' lanterns!


Adorable baby girl quilt, there was a boy one too but this is where my battery ran out. Darn, I wanted to take some pictures of the vendors.
However it was so crowded anyway in the vendors area that I couldn't even get in to buy anything but I did manage to buy a fat quarter at the thread shop which wasn't as busy as the other ones.Too bad , I was looking forward to shopping.

However I think I found a quilt shop closer to home. It is not too far from us and we don't have to cross a bridge. That will be nice.



We are waiting for pizza delivery, that's dinner.
And I am done for today.
Have a great evening folks.
Buona Sera.























1 comment:

Jean said...

No, you aren't done ! I want to see a picture of the quilt you received from the Flyladies quilt group.
You did not even tell us the name of the pattern. So get that camera charged ! Jean