a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, June 4, 2012

Everything will be alright in the end

/so if it's it's not alright it's not the end.  A wonderful happy quote from The Best Marigold Hotel that Kathy and I went to see this afternoon.  It was a fun movie in which a number of British seniors decided to go to India in efforts to stretch out their meagre retirement funds. The hotel was advertised as  a newly renovated majorluxurious hotel. It did captivate the retirees and they signed on only to find that the established was on truth a rundown dream of the owner played by Dev Patel, a young indian man who inherited the hotel from his father. Mama-ji wants him to sell out , come to Delhi and marry someone she had arranged for him. He is in love with a beautiful young woman and wants to stay where he is. And so the story goes with some laughs and some tears and romance on all sides. It is fun to watch the sights and sounds and colours of and smells? haha of India. You should see it from this perspective if nothing else. Maggie Smith and Judy Dench were also the highlights of the show.
Dev Patel.


I had popcorn and coke and so did Kathy!! Not very nutritiuos but a lot of fun.
And that was not my whole day. We went to Wendy's for lunch , I had poutine and spilled it on my nice purple jacket. I was mortified and the poutine was not nearly as good as the last one I had so I am over it now. Not good for me anyway. Also I did have the malt as I call it, so my lunch was a serious unhealthy one . My punishment was a dirty jacket that had to be washed when I got home. Which was not for a while because I had to mail the parcel of fabric for my Bingo game . The store had some things on sale and we had to buy some of them. I bought some cream for my face. 
In the car outside the store were two dogs, they each had their own window which really made me laugh LOL

Then we went to Hop On's for produce.
Ray goes for food, I go for flowers LOL.
But Ray did like these Coleus Kong.

On the way home we stopped at a four way stop and Ray acted out his hidden desire to become a crossing guard. There he was waving through the other three cars as we were the last to come up to the stop sign. I found it highly amusing. It was like he was conducting an orchestra. He is very bossy and likes things to go his way LOLOL!!!  He certainly manages to fit that old saw that says if you can make your partner laugh you will have a good marriage.
By then it was getting late in the afternoon and Kathy was coming to pick me up at 3:30 to go to the movie.

When I got home I had another good for me supper a hot dog and a 7 up.   Tomorrow I have to eat lettuce all day!
Now I am going to finish off the last join on the binding. Surely nothing can go wrong LOL.

And I need to get my bag ready for my sewing group tomorrow. All my jobs plus the blog are in the evening because I was out most of the day.
Now it's time for me to stop writing.
Have a good evening.        Hayirli kech    


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better today. Lisa and I went to the Marigold movie too and we enjoyed it.