a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

big day

I am feeling pretty ill tonight so may not get this blog done . I am thinking of going to bed.

I arranged for Juliet to pick me up as I thought Pat was away. But at 8:40 Pat called and wanted to know where I was as she was downstairs waiting for me. I was in my nightgown. I felt so badly but Pat was very nice about it. However she will  not be in town next Tuesday so Juliet will kindly pick me up. I am most fortunate in my choice of friends. 

But here are the things I did today, first to my regular Tuesday group where I just did a few yoyos and chatted with Betty Lu who recently came back from Maine and regaled us with the news of her new and first granddaughter.
Then I went over to Mary Alice's for the pot luck of theCommunity Quilts which is now called the Pumpkin Seeds. It is the first time I have been there for the afternoon since I got sick.
Mary Alice made a Storm at Sea. Here it is.
This is a very large quilt and I have never seen it made in these colours. It was spectacular. No here is the backing..
Lots of movement in this piece.


A lovely coiled dish made by Yoshiko who always does beautiful work.
Mary Alice also made this piece of Hawaiian quilting when she took a class from  Nancy Chong after the last guild show.

The following are quilts that are made for the hospital babies.






Sharon made this lovely quilt and not for the hospital. LOL
A little bit of pink.

Lots of colours here but I was not happy with the light as  the photo is not too clear.
And that is the show!!
My head is aching so I am finished here. I don't want to be a headache to all of you LOL.
Have a good evening folks.















No comments: