a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 15, 2012

redwork

http://www.bobbysocksqc.com/blog/?page_id=307

Enjoy these cute redwork pieces if you like this type of work. Redwork is easy embroidery as you use only one colour of thread-Red!

I went to the doctor who performed the surgery on me last October, it was just to check how I was doing. He was really surprised at my condition. He mentioned several time how good I looked and he also mentioned that I was 80 on several occasions. I guess he expected me to look not so well!!

I asked him if my legs would get better than they are at the moment as they seemed to have stalled. He said they probably would not get any better because of three things. One: the long term use of anti biotics had an effect on the muscles. Two: at 80  my legs would not
build up any more muscle. Three: Spending so much time in a hospital bed had caused a lot of lost muscle that could not be revived.

However I am happy to be able to do the things I do. I am afraid that travelling is out for us now except maybe flying , certainly not the long driving trips we love so much. Right now neither of us feels like leaving home. But we had so many wonderful trips with son Jim and by ourselves. The memories are sweet.


The cathedral of Saint Frances of Asissi Santa Fe  New Mexico
 in
 the main part of the town. The major thing I noticed about Santa Fe is the buildings all are built of a sandy kind of stone. It is called the Santa Fe pueblo revival look and was dictated by the government to make Santa Fe unique and attract tourists. It does that all right.  It is also an artist's colony that was originally founded by Georgia O'Keefe. She was an artist of the desert and often painted skulls, flowers were another of her favourites.
This one is called the Ram's Head .
There is a museum in Santa Fe that is the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. We went there when  we were in Santa Fe. And we ate at a very nice restaurant too LOL.


As for the rest of my day after I had a nap, I cut out some more of the Drunkards's Path pieces  both sides.
Have a look!  These are pinned and ready to sew. There are still more to come but I am running out of pins. I must sew some first.
It was fun to do so I'll get some more done tomorrow .

This is  so cute LOL!!

More cuties, jumping for joy at their weight loss. These little animals  make me smile.
Now it is time to go and check out facebook.
Have a great evening folks.
Kalinichta








No comments: