a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 17, 2012

guest

My dear son Adam is here on a bit of business, just for the day and night , then he is off to VIctoria tomorrow.
He and Ray held up my friendship quilt so that I could take a photo for JEAN. LOL.
And here it is, it's a very large quilt so the photo is not that good.


 I pinned the rest of the Drunkard's Path blocks that were cut and ready to go. Then I sewed up s few of them before Adam arrived and put a stop to all that LOL.
But when you don't see your son very often sewing has to take  second place. It was lovely to see him and to talk all the family talk that we seldom get to over the phone or on the net. It was good to do that.
There he is smiling, we always tease him about not smiling on camera.

Then we watched golf and we are still watching golf. Ray and I have never watched it before but it was kind of interesting watching the shots. Some of them were amazing!!
Of course I can't remember the guys who did those shots. Somebody had a hole in one and another shot went up into a tree. So there was a bit of excitement there LOL.

Happy Father's Day to all my family fathers. I hope it was a good day for all of you.
Here's to Ray!! my wonderful husband.
See him smile !!!
He should, I made dinner- Corned beef and cabbage. Ray did make cole slaw and he made the hot mustard from a powder. All was delicious. I made some scalloped from a box LOL. Neither Ray nor Adam eat potatoes so I had them all to myself. MMM
And I have discovered the way out of the kitchen. I noticed my ankle was sore so I took off my sock and it was swollen. Right! Ray said it was probably standing in the kitchen cooking dinner . AHA so anyone get a swollen ankle from cooking and get out of the kitchen LOL.

And here is a picture of Adam and me. He is not smiling.
However I am!!I had a very happy father's day !!
I am going to cut this short tonight so I hope you all have a lovely evening.
Bon Soir!












No comments: