a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 22, 2012

Rain again

Raining all day ,it is worrisome   because of the flood situation . People not to far from vancouver are being evacuated. I hope the water starts to recede before it reaches Vancouver and New Westminster where there has been a lot of town houses that have been built on the flood plain. And I hope the dykes hold.

Did you see the video of the bus lady who was so ridiculed by 12/13 year old students. Last I heard there had been over a half a million that had been raised for her to take a holiday LOL. She will be able to retire and live the rest of her life quite comfortably. There is a God! I wish her a happy life from here on in. $$$$$$

We waited in all day for the water delivery, so of course we didn't get out at all. I had to cancel my hair appointment so it will be messy for tonight. I am sure you are interested in my hair LOL.

This is my teacher luck final until we begin again in September. My friend Jan is picking me up and we are going to another Jan's home . We have a small group of  nine women, all teachers and three of them are named Janet, 33%, that's a lot. I think they have all celebrated their 60th birthdays this year. Maybe Janet was a popular name 60 years ago. One, the youngest of us is not quite 60 yet , still a few years to go for her.
Something funny is going on with my laptop, it refuses to let me into my pictures. It said it blocked a POP UP from my laptop. Hmm. I think I'll turn it off and and let it reset itself. That usually works. Now let's see....
It worked Yeah! The youngest Jan is the one in the middle.
Time for photos!
That's one way to eat your pimento, looks like fun Haha.hat's one way to eat your pimento, looks like fun Haha.
 Apart from my thumb this is a good photo of the Trip Around The World that I made a few years ago. I am reminded of my friend Carol who passed away several years ago. She came with me to choose the fabrics as she had a great eye for colour and design.
And this one below was made by my friend Ranny who passed on this month.
This is the same pattern as the one I made which is called the Blue Lady. It is such a sophiticated pattern of an early 1900s lady.
Now I have to go and get ready for the pot luck. I'll get back to you later after I get home.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Not much to get back to you about after all. So I'll just say good night .
Bonne nuit

 











No comments: