a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

off tonight

I am going out to dinner tonight and then to guild so the blog will be late. I'll send this message and finish the blog when I get home.

http://meandmysisterdesigns.com/patterns/?id=9

Great free patterns from Me and My Sister. I love the one with the snowmen and snow ladies. I downloaded it . Go ahead and get yourself some great patterns.

Oh I lost my blog entry and am too tired to start again.  I'll try and get back tomorrow. It was a good night! Sorry about that.

I have to do it again so here goes.
Kathy, Judy, Barb and I went for dinner before guild. We went to Minerva's where we had not gone since 2010. People in restaurants are amazing. When we walked in the man in charge said your table is empty . So we were seated at the same table as always. Our waitress asked us where we had been for such a long time.
I had seafood linguine which was delicious.
After dinner we went off to guild. It was so nice because everybody I knew came over to see how I was. It felt good. As usual my camera failed me or should I say I failed my camera by leaving the chip at home. There are only a small number of photos allowed on the camera itself so I had to pick and choose.
Our speaker was famed Hawaiian quilter Nancy Lee Chong. Her quilts were incredible but her presentation was so interesting. She held my attention for a while hour and a bit. Not easy to do .
She explained how to do Hawaiian quilting using neeedleturn applique, how to cut the piece out by folding the design paper into eighths and then drawing your design and cutting it out. Essentially it is like making snowflakes. We all did that in primary school. LOL.
Then you had to lay the paper on the fabric and cut it out.  Than would be the hard part for me as the paper might slip . I didn't get how you kept it secure. Guess that is a trade secret or you might find it if you went to her class.
Hawaiian quilting has five elements. And I forget what they are LOL. I know it has 2 colours and is symmetrical. There that is it. Now here are some of her quilts.



I'm sorry but I have to go now, I'll get back on track tonight. Thanks for your patience.
Have a good day.






No comments: