a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, June 2, 2012

easy stars

<<http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/floating_stars.htm?nl=1
This is an easy star to make ,lots of fun and looks great. My friend Betty has made a few of them and they look good in scrappy. I haven't made them myself but maybe one day. This is Betty's quilt. I take pictures of everything LOL.


This one is the Dredsden Plate I mentioned the other day and that I sent to Marion to comfort her when she was so ill with cancer. She loved it and assured me it did give her comfort.


Sydney SC Quilters
If this takes you to the Blue Gum site then you are in for a lot of looking at what goes on in the quilting world on  the other side of the world in Australia . It takes a bit of time to get through the pages but these ladies are simple quilters who just do the old patterns. I really enjoyed the site.

Our day began with a trip to the grocery store Save On Foods. We have been going to this particular since it opened in 1988. It had not been open long when the roof collapsed. That was a big thing around here but fortunately not many were in the store and no one got hurt except for a few cars. We were one block away heading for the store when it happened.We didn't get our groceries that morning LOL.

After the grocery shop we came home and put the groceries away. Then we decided to go up to our little mall for bread. Ray suggested that I drive my car to the mall. I did but he could not keep from giving me strict instructions on how to drive. He was awful so on the way home I told him he could drive. I can't say I was too excited about driving. I have never really liked it though I am a good driver but it is just a means to an end for me.

I made this needlepoint picture for my son Matthew who was in the navy and loved ships, now he loves air planes and flies them regularly. I wish he still liked ships LOL. This took me a long time to stitch but it was enjoyable watching it come together. I don't do that anymore, quilting takes up most of my time.

In keeping with the celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee here is a quilt I made for Adam and Lisa a few years ago  that shows the sights of London England embroidered in toile. There are 6 designs done on black and six done on white. The stripe used in the sashing is a fabric that I just love. Unfortunately I used it all in this quilt.
I like this quilt so much I shall have to make another one LOL.
Gee this is all about me isn't it, well it usually is but most of the pictures are from my collection.

Mousies are busy sewing the binding on their quilt, clever little guys. These mice come in every day , different each day and so enjoyable.

We are watching the Miracle Weekend for the children's hospital. They are trying to get funds for the new hospital building which is badly needed. It is so nice to see all the children and to hear their stories. We have  our own family stories to tell so it has special meaning for us. It is so tragic the hear what these dear children have gone through and what their parents endure.

I went to the library this afternoon after the bakery and took out three books. Two of them are large print which I like as it makes it easy to forme to read. I can still read other sizes of print but the large is really easy. My eyes are not what they were for small stuff.
No sewing today, my plan was to make the binding for my ballerinas before it goes to Lauren but I just did not feel like it so I didn't. I'll get at it tomrrow hoping we stay in. I must speak to Ray about getting time for sewing.  LOL.
Time to go folks.
Buona Sera.








.
        







1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a lovely ship. My DH makes me nervous when driving as well...yack, yack, yack....giggle.