a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 3, 2012

a bit of red


 http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/04/touch-of-red-quilt.html
Have a look at this one from Moda. Easy peasy! but still makes a good sized quilt.

http://www.ttfabrics.net/patterns/
 Timeless Treasures  free patterns,check out the projects page too. I didn't so can't give you an opinions. LOL.

I accomplished nothing today. Got up, ate breakfast, filled my pill box, went back to bed. I felt really ill and spent two more hours in bed sleeping. I got up but didn't feel a whole lot better. I had a big agenda for the day and wanted to stay home all day.  I stayed home all day but messed up what I was working on - the binding for my quilt, mentioned that the other day or maybe yesterday.  Well today it was a hard task , the 45' angles were not working well , I kept chewing up the first part of the angle.  Then to discover that some seams were on one side and some on the other. Oh it was disasterous. I had to cut out those bits and redo them. Then Ray said sit down because I was still not feeling well, you can do them tomorrow he told me. So the job was left undone. Such a supposedly simple task, why is it so hard. Hours spent on doing it
:( sad face.
Margaret came over in the middle of the disaster so I did sit down and visit with her. She had no books for me this time LOL,but I had 2 books for her that I wanted to get to her. So we were both happy! We chatted and gossiped for an hour and a half. It was a good time.

A terrible event took place in the Eaton centre in Toronto today. A gun man decided to shoot off his gun into the food court killing the targeted person  and shooting 13 other innocent people in the process, some seriousely and others not too serious. Still being shot with a gun is a devastating event.

Today , Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee ,60 years on the throne and sailing down the River Thames on a wondrous barge accompanied by the royal family and a thousand boats alongside. It is an amazing sight even on TV. The flotilla ends at Tower Bridge. What happens after that I don't know. Does the queen's barge turn around and go back to somewhere and the other boats do they go too or do they row further up the river. Haha!!

This is Queen Elizabeth and on her left is my friend Ken. I have no idea how he got there but there he is!
Now for a real photo of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 11. Gracious Queen.

Back to my life, the life of an ordinary woman not a queen except in my own mind LOL.
I have wanted to put this photo on my blog for some time. My friend Gail in Phoenix says on Facebook that the temperature is 110' . Now that is dreadful to me. I am not happy in the heat. But I took this lovely sunset while we were visiting Gail and David a few years ago. I was amazed at the beauty of it.

We have had the great good fortune to visit many places in the USA , Arizona  was one of them. We truly had a great visit with our friends. Gail and I spent a lot of time win her sewing room have a grand old time. She helped me make a thread bag for my sewing table. We went to a number of quilting shops. Now that was FUN!! Ray and David went to coin stores, they both love coins.  After the day was done we went out for dinner. That is where I fell in love with The Olive Garden and the wonderful neverending salad.
Here is Gail giving me a lesson. This where I fell in love with machine embroidery and made my first embroidered item a potato bag for the microwave oven under Gail's supervisionof course.
I made several of them and they all caught on fire. We used pure cotton batting but it wasn't totally fire proof. I think that now there is a batting made for potato bags  and kitchen items

Time out folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.























1 comment:

Denise :) said...

I enjoyed your post (except that the fact that you're not feeling well and that terrible shooting), very much. I watched, for the first time, the movie "The Queen" with Helen Mirren, on Saturday night. Hulu.com has it free right now. Anyway, the following morning CBS's Sunday morning show did a spot on the queen and the Diamond Jubilee, and I was taken with how beautiful and graceful a woman she truly is.

I hope you're feeling better! :)