a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

children's quilt

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm
The alphabet quilt is now at the half way point with the June block being up. Happy times!

http://pennyshands.blogspot.com/2010/08/hexie-caddy-tutorial.html?m=1
Tutorial for a little hexagon box. I don't know what you'd use it for though LOL!!

I must be getting better. I look at Connecting threads lovely fabrics and want to order them. I haven't felt like orering fabric for 18 months. Whoopee!!
Now I just need to find the time to do the sewing I have on the machine LOL. No I will not, not I say, order those beautiful polka dot fabrics in delicious colours.
Good news from Louisiana, Adam will be coming up this month for a bit of business. I will be happy to see him, Sam will be happy too.
Gas theft is going on here because of the high rate of a liter of gas. The thieves are drilling into the tanks in order to drain the tanks.
An older time as the price on the board is 69 cents a liter, it is now $144.5 per liter.
A hundred year old rhododendren in Ladysmith. I think we might have a very old one down at the corner. I have been in tending to take its picture. I just have to get Ray to stop the car LOL.

I never left the house today. Lynn came to do the weekly cleaning. And I did not get anything accomplished. I am so lazy some days , but when you get this old there are days like this. However I always feel guilty.
I did call Lauren about quilting my quilt and on Tuesday and made arrangements with  Ione to take it to her. All the parts are ready to go. Lauren does a beautiful job of my quilts. Then it will be ready to go to its new owner Charlotte. When it is done I'll put it up on my blog. It will be my only quilt this year -so far. I hope to get the DP blocks completed and done this year.

I like the idea of this quilt but can't remember where I found it. Very clever quilters could make their own pattern built on this one I am sure.Or if you have EQ 7 you could no doubt design this. I think! Not having EQ7 , I don't really know. LOL.

Go to McCalls Quilting /Quick Quilts for this pretty block in baby pastels.
Weather Report. Rain, rain and more rain. The rivers are rising. The weatherman says sun by Saturday.



 








No comments: