a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 8, 2012

Rain and wind

Wherever you are! The rain keeps coming and the wind is high, is this truly June or misery? We are wearing our winter jackets.

Have any of you been unable to click on my links and get whatever should be there? When I click on two of them the computer tells me   the link is broken. I usualy check them out before I add them to my blog , so if this has happened to you I am sorry. But I do not claim responsibility for the problem LOL.

As you know my embroidery machine is still not working due to the fact that apart is coming from Janome in Japan. Did you also know that a dock from the tsunami that hit Japan after an earthquake has washed up on the shores of Newport Oregon. If that dock can get here so quickly why can't Janome get that part to Canada in a better time than this. Good question!
Dragya the Sulcata Tortoise was out walking again today.
Although it does not seem to be raining in this Photo, not that it would bother the tortoise, he is at home wherever he is. Which leads my to my next photo.....
LOL....
Okay enough of my jokes , no one in my family laughs at them anyway!
Back to my day. We met Bob and Buzz for lunch today at Burger King in the mall.
Buzz suggested that I look on Craig's List to see if there are any embroidery machines for sale and I am going to do that after I am finished here. I am not quite sure that I want to buy another one though. I might try E Bay. I saw an $8000 Janome 1100  priced at $50, there were no bids on it but I in my stupidity thought it was just to good to be true and did not put in a bid. I think many others felt as I did because some time later a lady on one of my quilting lists told us that she had bought this fabulous machine off  E Bay for next to nothing.  Didn't they always tell us that if it seems  to good to be true it probably is too good to be true. Not this time. I missed my chance. Sob!
We did have a great visit with them as usual.

Saturday the Belmont Stakes  and Vancouver's Mario Guitierrez is riding I'll Have Another to victory. Haha We are wishing.

A nice place to lay your head after a long and busy day. These little guys sure know how to find the best places LOL.

Tomorrow is the North Shore guild's Quilt show. It is always such a great show. I hope I don't forget to go.
This is a gorgoeus quilt from this group.
Don't you agree with me?

Now it's time to go . I don't get to sleep in a sunflower but a bed is the next best thing Haha.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Guten abend.










No comments: