a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, June 11, 2012

miscellany

 http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/colonial_revival/hannas_quilt.htm

I like this cut but would prefer to purchase the plastic templates because the paper ones are not easy for me to use. I'll look on line for them. It is a fascinating and imaginative look for the  lowly 9 patch.

http://verykerryberry.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorialspatterns.html
Tutorials on this are good and I particularly like the one for the Drunkard's Path LOL Why not? I need reinforcement!

Bad night last night , did not sleep well at all and in the morning I was a zombie. However Ray and I went to Metrotown for coffee and half a cinnabon. I went up to the counter but I was reeling a bit and the lady at the counter reached out and gave me her hand for support. Then she would not let me do anything. Ray was at the lotto booth so she brought our coffees and cinnabons and put the cream in the cups. She was so sweet.  After all the sugar I felt a lot better LOL.
Then we went to Chapters as I wanted another book by Mary Burton and I found that and another author I haven't read before by Jaci Burton. They were next to each other on the shelf but I didn't notice they had the same surname. Not too attentive to detail!

Anyway after we got home I just had to go and lay down  for a nap. I always read when I lay down so I  finished my book EDGE by Jeffrey Deaver. He is a good writer and keeps up the suspense. However I thought he kept up the suspense for a bit too long. Or maybe I need to pay closer attention. Hmm. Same problem as the previous paragraph. A bit too ADHD. Nah I just looked it up and I am definitely not hyperactive nor do I have bi-polar disorder. So that isn't the problem, Just getting older and losing track do ya think! All this because I thought Jeff  Deaver could have trimmed  his book a bit .

Britain's Prime Minister left his 8 year old daughter in a pub. In Britain  children are allowed in pubs with their parents but David
Cameron thought his wife had the 8 year old girl and she thought he had her. The staff took good care of her until the PM returned. See even important people do dumb things LOL.
The little girl in the pink coat was the forgotten child. In Britain the Prime Minister can often be seen out walking with his family, no security guards.

This quilt was made by my friend Helen. The ribbon quilt is one I have wanted to do for a long time. It is on the list LOL. So many on the list.
I love this little chef from Embroidery Library. I did it quite a while ago , years maybe, but it was fun to do. Now if my machine could get back home.
Saw this one on either Quilty or Craftsy. Never mind I'll go and look. Anyway it is called Buzz Saw. Sometimes the names of quilt blocks are very representative and this one looks like its name. Huh It's  neither,  Quilting Club is the name.

And look here at what you can do with hexagons!!
LA wins the Stanley cup, let's drink to that!! Score 5 to 1 and the game has 3 minutes to go. Oh my another goal 6 to 1. Man they're hot!! You should see the house it is electric.
It's over. I always feel sorry  for the loser even when I want the winner to win. It brings tears to my eyes to see their massive disappointment. Silly isn't it?
So that's my blog for tonight .
Have a good evening.
Good night.















No comments: