a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Slow day

What did we do today. I went to the podiatrist this morning. I go every two months for him to cut my nails. I have diabetes ,can't do it myself , afraid of cutting my skin , and I don't really trust anyone else . He does a really good job and tries very hard not to hurt me as my feet are really painful from the neuropathy. He did a great job today.
Then Ray said let's go to Brentwood. We went there and had some brunch at IHOP. After we shopped for a jacket for Ray but we are having trouble finding what he wants. I bought a book by Karen Rose.
When we got home  I was so tired because we walked a lotnd that takes it out of me. So I lay down for a nap and managed to get in a bit of sleep before Marg called. She didn't want Ray to wake me but I heard her voice and was afraid I might miss something LOL, so I got up !!
She brought dinner over for us , Michael made some pasta primavera. I had it for supper and it was very good! Thanks Michael and Margaret.

On one of my lists a friend who knows everything about the quilt world said that Pat Sloan had some different layouts for the Lil Twister templates. I couldn't fine them but signed up as a friend on her Facebook page.
When I was the president of our guild I had a number of conversations oveer the net about her coming to Vancouver to give a talk and a class. It was during the time when our dollar was so low and the expenses of bringing her here made it all out of the question. However Pat was so patient and kind that I have a soft spot for her in my heart.

Good colours on these patterns for Pat's Learning Centre. Looks easy doesn't it.
Now comes the animal segment section of the blog.

For all you dedicated scrapbookers these guys are busy doing what you would like to be doing.

It's all in the family for these guys! Aren't they adorable!! Who said dogs and cats are not compatible LOL.
-this one is for the birds, all so gorgeous!




And the rivers are high! Lots of rain and warm temperatures that melt the snow pack cause flooding. It is still further up the river and not here yet.

I think I'll do something with threads tonight, maybe just pull them off my clothes LOL.
I would love to sew but I am far too tired to do anyhting onthe machine, I'd probably run my finger under the needle. Tomorrow?
Ca c'est tout.

That's all folks. Have a great evening.
Hasta la vista, see you later!





No comments: