a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 20, 2012

a sad day

This morning Ray and I went to Surrey hospital to see his uncle Dick who is only a year older that Ray and with whom Ray spent his youth riding bikes all over Thunder Bay before it was Thunder Bay but Port Arthur and Fort William.
Dick and Ray were good buddies all their lives even up to a few months ago when they used to meet at Tim Horton's for coffee and a chat. Dick was in hospital for a long time with nasty gout which infected his body. Well the infection came about from the hospital as seems to be the way nowadays. Dick was very ill and his kidneys began to shut down.
Today he was in a coma and did not know we were there but we stayed for some time anyway . Then his son Rick and daughter Lana appeared. Lana was very upset at her dad's condition and Rick too shed his tears. We both gave them big hugs and shed a tear with them.
It was not long when Dick stopped breathing. I had not seen anyone die before so was surprised at how peaceful it was, he just stopped breathing. Lana and Rick were so upset and sad. Ray and I did what we could but there is nothing one can do but hug them.

My laptop too ended up in the hospital and is still there. I cannot believe how I miss it. I am typing this on my PC. Not many photos I can use here but I'll look for some. I hope to get the laptop back tomorrow.
Looks like Kate on the right off in one of her foreign journeys.
Sunset from my living room window, it is so magnificent when it comes about this way. Most times we have to peer through the rain clouds LOL. As you can see the tress are bare so this one was in the fall. You may see it again. Because today was a sad day I wanted to see this beautiful sunset.

And this one made me laugh, are they real or are they fake LOL.
My third son Peter, isn't he a beautiful baby.
That;s all I'm good for today but I did not want to forget you. Have a wonderful evening my friends.
Bon Soir!




No comments: