a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A good day

Happy Canada Day !!!    

Fireworks tonight to celebrate Canada Day.


A bit early but it takes time to make a quilt and this is a cute one for Hallowe'en. So get on it LOL.
This one is my favourite block a snowball. I can't even remember where I got all the fabrics but I am sure that Kathy shared some of hers with me. It was fun to make. I did another one which was applique done by machine. Maybe I'll show it closer to Hallowe'en.

I think these are free but I only checked out 2011 and it was free .They look very lovely. So if you like to do BOMs ,these are a good set. One block a month always seems doable.

I slept all night last night and did not need to have nap today thank goodness. I managed to get some sewing done on the Drunkard's Path before Ray wanted to go out.
Pieces sewn together and a whole bunch pinned. I want to get them all pinned and sewn together pretty soon . I'll need to work a lot faster LOL.

We had lunch at home but coffee out . We walked half the mall and were pretty good with that. I bought a new purse, a pink one to go with my pink clothes and Ray bought himself a new much needed wallet.


I looked for a store that had some shoes I thought I would buy but the store had disappeared along with the one next door to it. There are so many shops closing in the malls and on the streets.  It is a sad state of affairs. I think it is partly the recession we have had and partly the fact that there are far too many duplicate shops.

I spent a lot of time trying to find some pictures for one of my lists. I have webshots and trying to find and get the photos off and onto my desktop is a pain. I did not get what I wanted but then I had a brain wave  Go back to the source haha....
Why didn't I think of thatan hour earlier. So I found the original photo and was able to so what I wanted. 

We are watching The Mentalist at the moment. I seem to be able to do both. Maybe that's why it takes so long to get the blog done LOL
It is about a mind bender tonight. He is able to get into people's minds and confuse them. Not a good guy to be around. Well I should say these types of guys are not good to be around. I actually ran into one of them or maybe it was a group of them. My best friend was really into ESP and things like that. It was a long time ago in the 60s and that sort of thing was in. She wanted me to go along with her to a seance  and I agreed. However when the group prevailed on me to be a medium or tried to saying I was the type for it I left and never went back. No one but me was getting into my head LOL.  Besides I had a bunch of kids to feed and needed all my wits about me.

And my wits have left me for now and I am done Haha.
Have a lovely evening..
Buenas tardes.
Congratulations to the Spanish soccer team.






No comments: