a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday meetings

<http://pamhollanddesigns.typepad.com/gabriella_goodness_and_he/
I like the pictures here , don't know if there is anything good to do.  My eyes are really hurting tonight so I might miss things. You'll need to take care of it tonight.  I did applique  on my blue butterfly , just one more section to do. I must get another one prepped!
Pat and I went for coffee at Starbucks. Outside the window of the food court were banks of Hydrangea. They were so beautiful.Have a look!


At the church :
Wendy finished her  beautiful quilt top!! We have watched rhis quilt take shape over a period  of months. It is a beauty!!
Such an amazing piece of applique. It took forever and is fabulous!

The ladies finished the shamrock quilt for one of our members who has had cancer and surgery for it. Today we talked about the quilting. It has to be stabilized Then Pat will do the free motion quilting on it. She did the beautiful quilting on my  Sunbonnet Sue quilt. She does such a marvellous job of free motion. 


We ate our lunches at 11:30. Ray made mine, cherries , an apple, an egg sandwich and a thermos of V8 juice. Loved it all!!
Then we went 4 blocks down the street to Mary Alice's She showed me her school annual , my picture, and comments. This is the school's 100th anniversary. I don't really care for reunions and am not planning to go. But one never knows.
The quilts were being done for the hospital.  They looked good. But mostly it was finished tops  we saw today. Next week it will be finished quilts.
I love this flower garden. The fabrics are just delicious! this one is finished.

Mary Alice made this gorgeous quilt based on the Hawaiian quilting  classes. she did a great job.
Later Juliet, Joan , Sharon and I went to Betty's for tea and goodies!


Betty's neighbour is building a lane house at the back of his house. The yard is just a mess , they had to dig down deep to establish the foundation of the lane house.

Juliet drove me home. When we were close to home a car backed onto the road of three lanes of traffic. Thankfully the car was undamaged and everything was fine.  But that was nerve wracking!
Juliet came up to have a look at my Layer Cakes 10" squares. She just got a package of them but was not too happy about the colours she got in her pack.  I want to make that Twister quilt. My groups did it as an in house group sewing time but I never got to it at the time.

This kitty made me laugh LOL.
So I sm tired and out of  energy. I say good night.
Kalinichta!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan, was your eyes hurting from doing your applique ?
What is a lane house ? Jean