a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Come on in

The water's fine!
Such a gorgeous day,we are very blessed!
And as there is a new Spiderman film coming out or maybe already out here is a Spiderman quilt I made for Jim or maybe part of it. My eyes are not what they used to be so sometimes I miss things. Did I miss the border LOL?
Oh well it's the best one I can find and Jim loves it.

This quilt was made by Katie. One day she came over to use my sewing machine and this is what she did. She amazes me how she can do a quilt top so quickly when it takes me months . She is totally dedicated and she can't take my machine home LOL.

See what you can do with strips . I think this is done by paper piecing. However I would sew the strips all together then draw a heart shape on the back remembering the seam allowance ,maybe I would press the strips onto some freezer paper first in order to have something stable to draw on. Then cut it out before I applique it.



See how different this one looks in the traditional colour of red for hearts.
Either way it looks good and can look just as good in any other colour.
We did very little today but go up for some bread and a few other things we needed then came back home. I am still recovering from that bout of feeling not so well last week. However my legs are gaining strength. And that is a great plus!
We needed to get some things as Meaghan, Louis and Charlotte will be here for lunch tomorrow. I am so looking forward to seeing them. I just wish Mary, Albert and Rose did not live across the waters.

Marg is this similar to the one you liked, I think so. I check my picture file for the other one.


There similar points of view!!  It seems to be a popular pose. haha.

Awww What an adorable little puppy. He is just a baby napping in the car  on the way home. Does he have a seat belt on?

Haha doesn't that tell a tale about us all. Another cute face to brighten up the day. I see such lovely littel faces every day , not ostriches but children but I don't want to take their pictures without the parent's permission and I don't like  to ask as they do rightfull have all kinds of questions regarding what I plan to do with them. At least when I take Charlotte's photos Meaghan knows my intentions.

Time's up folks, I need to relax and give up working LOL.
Have a gorgeous evening.
Kalispera.










1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Fun post! Your strippy hearts are really cute -- I'm going to have to give them a try!! :)