a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, July 9, 2012

Many things

Folded star ornament balls tutorials.

Here are several tutorials.
http://www.make-stuff.com/projects/quiltball.html
http://www.allthingscrafty.com/search/label/Folded%20Star%20Ornament
http://crafterwithoutacat.blogspot.com/2009/08/ornament-tutorial.html
http://quilting.about.com/od/holidayquiltpatterns/ss/folded-fabric-star.htm
I'm still on Christmas. These balls make a lovely addition to a special tree. And I suspect they are fun to make.

.http://arbetsboden.bloggplatsen.se/
This blog has some wonderful pictures and so is worth the effort of looking at it.
The sad part is it is in Dutch I think  and I could not find a translation button. Still have a look at the pictures for some good ideas.
I hope the heat in those parts of the country that are suffering has subsided a bit. It must be dreadful.

It is a bit hot here, nothing like there but we just went out for a bit to buy some more bottles of water. I drink a lot of water to keep my e coli germs at bay, to water them down and flush them out. That's how I stay as well as possible. We did not have coffee but did have an iced mocha. That is some kind of coffee isn't it. I really liked it, suppose there is lots of sugar in it.

Recipe for iced mocha.



  • 1 1/2 cups strong hot brewed coffee
  • 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, such as Hershey’s
  • 1 cup ice cold milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Handful or so crushed ice
  • Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
  • 1 small piece semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
1. Combine the hot coffee and brown sugar in a large measuring cup and stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate syrup. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Cool briefly at room temperature, then chill until ice cold. You can accelerate this step by putting it in the freezer, but just make sure it doesn’t start to ice.
2. Combine the chilled coffee, milk, and vanilla in a small pitcher; stir to blend. Divide the coffee between 2 serving glasses, adding a small handful of crushed ice to each. Top each glass with whipped cream then grate a little chocolate over each one. Serve with straws.
Makes 2 servings
Enjoy !

Why do I love these pictures? This is so family and I love the dogs !! See the little pup who is smiling !! LOL
Cats do love themselves haha. They
don't need family. Not really true Marg , just a joke! Marg is a cat lover. But this is a cute picture.

More cuteness. We all know these monkey dos! But this one is cute and a bit different.

My granddaughter Kate steering a plane. My Matthew flies planes too. Kate is an adventurer just like her dad Richard who is on the road back for the North Pole. They amaze me as I am not an adventurer in any way.Adam also is a fearless person who has sky dived in the past. Jim used to fly the small planes, his friend took me up in one but I was not really comfortable in it.
In the sky is not really where I want to be, solid footing on the ground unless I have to go far away. But I won't be piloting a plane,
you had better believe LOL. I'll leave that to the professionals.
Richard on the road to the North Pole.

Isn't this one pretty. I made it quite a few years ago in a guild class. am thinking of making another one but lately all I do is think. LOL.
Time for me to go. Thanks for reading.
Thank you Billie for your good wishes.
Have a lovely evening.
Buona Sera.














No comments: