a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 14, 2012

another late blog

www.quiltmag.com/resources/quilt-decjan-2012-indian-summer/

You have to be crazy to make this block LOL. It makes me crazy just to look at it!

 We did lots today. First the groceries. Then we went out to Coquitlam to see where the chesterfield and chair that we ordered was in the line. Well you know what I mean. So we went into the store Sandy's, and asked for Michael who sold us the set. He said it just came in and is waiting to be delivered. We have to get rid of the one we have so Michael gave  us the numbers of several places that will take it. First though we are going to ask Ricky who is moving out of the family home soon if he can use it.  Rick is here with his big truck Ford F-150 so if Rcky wants it I will call on Richard to help us all out. We always call on Richard for help. Thank God he is so generous!

After we were finished with Sandy's and Michael and were on our way  , Ray asked if I would like to go to Cockney King's for a late lunch. Well I did LOL!!! So off we went to have fish and chips , the best fish and chips in town.
Along with some great cole slaw it is wonderful.

Then we went to the ostomy clinic at about 3:00 but it had closed at 2:00 so that will be another trip for us. How exciting LOL.

We then went to The Crossings to buy some bread, meat and beef broth as Ray has plans to make some more of his wonderful beef barley  soup. I can hardly wait.
By this time I was wiped out so when we came home I lay down and had a nap. My legs get so bad when I get tired , they will hardly hold me up , they just jiggle like jello,  but if I have a nap they are okay at least until I get tired again haha. It is a process!!
I finished the book I was reading and managed to start a new one before I fell asleep.
I love this one, it just makes me giggle.... Every time I see it.

if you are suffering from the heat just take a look at Niagara Falls frozen over in 1911, that may cool you off LOL.
Four rainbows. Nature showing off and rightly so!

Kate is having a great time playing on this thing. Good for her to let loose, she works very hard. Right now she is somewhere in Africa, maybe Liberia I think.



Another amusing encounter between polar opposites. Those little dogs are terrorists hahaha.


More dog pictures but this dog was sitting outside the grocery store and not too happy about it. When we came out he was happily  strutting off with his dad, tail wagging. Dogs are incredible, they love so much.



Ricky put this photo up on facebook today. It shows how beautiful British Columbia is. The weather is perfect right now and sailing looks fabulous. I hope he and Richard are having a wonderful time on the ocean.


sampler quiltThe Cut Glass Dish quilt block is made up entirely of half-square triangle units and strip-pieced four patch units. The block has lots of patches, but it isn't difficult to sew. Do be sure to cut fabric edges along the straight-grain and sew units together with a scant quarter-inch seam allowance to keep from "losing" width. Press carefully and your blocks will measure 12-1/2" square when assembled, just as they should.
Aha! Try this one out, it is only half square triangles and you all can make those :))

Aloha ahiahi ia oukou.

















No comments: