a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday appointments

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/2012/07/button-flowers-for-my-tree.html

Making flowers in 3D. Nice picture instructions to follow. Good luck with these.

Saw Tooth Patchwork Quilt Block Pattern

From About Quilting.com these great Sawtooth Stars in 4 different colourways that make a different look in each block. Very interesting.


We had to go to the chiropractor this morning for my appointment. My back was out of alignment once again , but the goo news was the ribs were behaving for a change and staying where they belonged hahaha. So now I am straight once again. Goin' straight for a change.

We went to the mall for a long walk around to get some exercise. The day was so beautiful that wished we could walk outside but the roots of the tress have lifted up a lot of the sidewalks and it is kind of dangerous for me and now for Ray too.

After that we had a lovely visit with the doctor. We all laughed and said it was like a social call. We got the number of the clinic that does back surgery but you have to pay for it. I just want to  know what it costs and if we can afford it because I don't like the idea of Ray waiting a long time for a surgery time.

There is a lot road work going on by the doctor's office so parking is an issue. More walking for the old folk.

Off to Safeway for precriptions and more walking around the store. We ran into Kathy and had a chat. She looked great , I was so happy to see her. We have not gone to any classes at Tom's lately nor to a movie so we haven't  been able to get out. Right now there are no movies we like either. Are we getting too fussy?

Anyway my point in all this is that we walked a lot today, we call it slow walking LOL.

This lovely dog was outside the mall and eagerly looking for some conversation and pats on the head. I love dogs but have a healthy respect for them and hardly ever pat a strange dog. I need to get acquainted LOL. But he was into conversation. His owner took him away , but when we went to our car there he was hanging his head out of the window of the car next to us. And still wanting pats. I was not  putting my hand into his territory but I like him a lot for his eagerness to relate to others. Hahaha does this sound like a report card . Nice guy!!

I called Peter today, he is still in Calgary. We had a nice long talk, it was nice to get together even if it was over the phone. Then I called Rick , he was on his boat. They , meaning his friends from Calgary who had come to visit, and Rick himself were on Thetis Island having sailed there from Horseshoe Bay. It is so nice for him to have his friends with him.
Horseshoe Bay marina is so beautiful.
Peter and Rick on the left, the last photo I have of Peter , this one is from my birthday party. Then Ray, Jim, Sam, Adam, Rodger, and Ricky. That's me in front LOL.

We are expecting Adam tomorrow and then Lisa later in the evening.

What does Rose have in her arm. My vision is a bit off so it does not appear to me as it should. Anyway Rose is adorable as usual.
Poor Mary burned her finger with a glue gun, big blister and lots of pain. So Rose needs to be careful around mom :((
These not only look scrumptious but they make me smile , hope you enjoy them too :))

Time for blueberries!! Have you had any yet, they are delicious! and they are full of antioxidants, good for you.

You did what?

I think that's it for the night.
Have a great evening my friends.
Aloha ahiahi.




















No comments: