a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, July 21, 2012

big day

We had another gorgeous day today, the sun shines and the clouds are away for the day plus the rain  has gone to other climes for now.
The new sofa and chair came today. They look so nice, even the delivery men said they brightened up the place.  So we gave them the two beer that Rick left behind.



Speaking of Rick it was his birthday today and I did not remember until 3:00 in the afternoon when I had to sign a release for my laptop. He was gone by that time to his boat and I had to call him on my cell phone. He was so nice about it and said he knew I wouldn't remember because I was so drowsy this morning. Anyway I hope you had a happy birthday my dear Richard.

I promised to take him out for dinner when he gets back in two months.
We went to buy our groceries this morning as you all know. My schedule is an open book.LOL.
We had to wait for the sofa to be delivered but after that we went to the Crossings for fruits and veggies.  We bought some great stuff, cantalope, watermelon, grapes, cherries, and lots more. I am looking forward to eating them. Ray is cleaning them all at the moment .
We stopped off at McDonald's for a late lunch. I ordered a salad and a mocha coffee. It was not very good. The coffee was very weak. I have had those mochas at Starbucks and they are delicious. But that's the way things go isn't it.

We are expecting Sam Adam and Lisa tonight. I am glad I had a nap this afternoon so I can stay awake. haha.

The pictures of the faces of people who survived the shooting in Denver are so heartbreaking . The agony on those faces will stay with me for a long while. It is such a horrendous event.
My prayers are with them.

I got my laptop back because the shop said it had to go to Sony for repairs which would cost $200. I would be better off to buy a new one. However at the moment it seems to be working . we'll see if it holds up. I haven't need to use that key so far.

http://zencrafting.blogspot.com/2008/12/origami-star-tutorial.html

Good instructions for a folded star. Not that I could do it LOL. I tried once to make folded ornaments and failed badly at the task. You really need to have a good sense of space and a few other things I don't seem to have.

http://www.joscountryjunction.com/a-disappearing-nine-patch-are-you-sure/

A disappearing 9 patch is a fascinating picture. Try it and see how that one works for you. But you would need to cut just right,  no messing up Haha.

I bought some 10 inch squares for my next set of Drunkards Path. I have not sewn for weeks. We need to stay home once in a while so I can do that. I am getting frustrated over not working on my quilt.


Trouble with laptop I'll have to go off.


Have a great day folks.




No comments: