a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday fun

Today is my middle son's birthday. He is 55 today, I can hardly believe it. Happy Birthday dear Peter.
This is anohter birthday lunch with Peter and Judith. This year he is not at home so we have to wait for his lunch.

As you know my Tuesday is taken up with fun stuff!! And today was no different. Juliet picked me up took me to the church while she carried on to Community Quilts now known as Pumpkin Seeds. I sat next to my dear fun friend Betty Lu while she regaled us with stories of life in Maine where she and her DH own a home. She owns one here too so travels back and forth. Her Maine home sounds so picturesque and there is a quilt shop across the street. Now isn't that quaint. it would be a treat to visit her as she has invited us to do. But I do dream of it at times.
Tide Rock Cottage Maine, some cottage eh!  I wouldn't mind owning this cottage, this is not my friend's though. I must ask her for a photo.

While at the church I finished my charm square yoyos and worked on my blue butterfly applique. After sewing for a while we had our lunches. Ray made mine, he always does. Today's was my favourite,  egg salad and lettuce, along with some orange slices. He used to bring me orange slices when I was in the hospital. Some days that was almost all I could eat. I do like those chilled orange slices, they are so delicious.
After lunch Sharon took Betty and me to Pumpkin Seeds at Mary Alice's. It was very busy there today. My dear friend Lynn was there this week so I had a good time with her while she quilted some hospital quilts on her machine. She offered her embroidery machine to me while mine was not available. It is a Bernina and I don;t knowhow to use it so I said thank you but I don't think I can handle it. Now that is just dumb. I'll get back to her and accept her generous offer and just learn to use it. Tom can give me some lessons I hope.
We shared our quilts today and I took a few pictures but the light is bad for snaps so I am not sure how they turned out.
 This one showed up okay.
Not too bad but the rest were sad, not enough light.
Unusual piece of work , dramatic in red and black. It looks almost native.

After that lovely time Juliet took me to Betty's for tea and her famous sweet treats . We looked at her magazines , chatted, ate and drank. By then I was quilte tired , Juliet took me home. She is so good to me, thanks Juliet my good friend.
I had a nap the moment I got into the apartment. Ray made spaghetti and sauce for dinner, his sauce is the best I have ever eaten. So far , I had not even looked at my mail, who has time LOL. I took a quick look but there was too much there and it was time to do the blog.
Jean I did not mean to complain about the weather when I know you are all suffering on the east coast with horrendous heat , humidity and no air conditioner. It will be awful. Sure hope the power comes on soon and  you get some relief.
Jim and two friends out having a good time. Jim is on the right, he is my fourth son.
My beautiful granddaughter Kate who will be on her way soon to parts unknown before she goes on to University of Toronto for another degree. She is one clever young woman.
All set to go,slippers cart and all. Boy! squirrels thesedays are just too clever oh and it must be she, there is a necklace around her .wait for it, neck. Good place for it LOL.
I finally got my order from Hamels, they had to wait for one piece to come from somewhere. Anyway the order was the small twister ruler, a book on twister patterns and a layer cake to make the large twister quilt.
Here is the picture of my new things.
You can just barely see the twister ruler in the middle of the page.

Oops Betty's polka dot puppies. I forgot them.
Now my time is up and I have to go.
Have a great evening!
Bon Soir.









No comments: