a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, July 2, 2012

smile and the world smiles with you

Weep and you weep alone.
Are there little things that bring a smile to your lips, like the little ballerina that I put up on the blog yesterday. I still have her on my e mail and she comes up periodically , she always makes me smile. Other things that make my lips smile hehehe, are babies,
well babies and their daddies, someone has to hold them up. This is Rose and dad Albert out and about in Victoria on Canada Day
, laughing children, my own sons, my dear grandchildren nd the greats, dogs, baby animals, flowers and the list goes on.. Keep a list if what makes you happy, we have so much to be thankful for. Or should I say much for which to be thankful LOL.

We went down to Safeway to  pick up some bread as the bakeries are closed today, it's a holiday. On the way back in the pouring rain I saw a vacuum sitting all by itself on the boulevard. It brought a big smile to my face as I had visions of vacuuming the lawn. Of course no picture as Ray chose not to stop. But you get the picture!! I notice people here put things they don't want but which they deem to have a value out on the boulevard. They seem to think that others might want them.  No one does as far as I can tell. But then I don't sit and watch them to see how many people fight over things like the vacuum. LOL.
Just imagine grass underneath it LOL.

Now I am going to sew, I'll be back. I'm channeling Arnie hahaha.

Facebook has left me, can't get to anything on Facebook, so Mary Yes a pin would work well. 

Today I am wearing my winter evening outfit, a nightgown, socks, slippers and a sweater. It has been raining all day and it is really chilly. Where oh where has the summer gone, certainly not here. However I should not compalin because when it gets hot I do not like it, heat is too hard on me.

We had a show of Orcas, more commonly known as Killer Whales . A small pod of six ,one male, one female and four young ones surfaced off Stanley Park and close to the mouth of False Creek in the middle of the city. What a treat for us.It is very uncommon to see them this close to the city. We are all very excited, I wonder if they will stay a while. They were looking for otters and even seals to feed on. I guess that's why they ae called Killer Whales. It is unfortunate that many whales are starving because there is not enough salmon their normal food to sustain them. The salmon normally make  up 96% of the whale's diet.
Isn't this a wonderful shot?

And I did sew for an hour or so. I had forgotten about my shoulder replacement but it sure reminded me after the sewing session. But I got some decent work done and I am happy. Another thing that makes me smile. Oh I could go on but that gets boring!

And another Canada photo of Baby Rose, daddy and the  RCMP  Sergeant Moosehead  LOL!!

Finally Facebook is back. Not that it is an issue for the blog but I am happy to be able to read my messages.
Do you think Kitty is enjoying this display of affection?  Or is she just winding up for a big hit!! LOL. Dogs are so loving but their judgement is fallible.
Time to watch Hawaii 5 0.
Have a great evening folks.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can have our heat in De. It has been in the 90's all last week and so far this week.. Plus there are thousands of people in Pa.,De,Va,WVA, and New Jersey without electricity due to the horrible storms we have had. Trees are down and houses, cars damaged.
That $400 plus vacuum would not last on the blvd too long.