a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

dinner yes or no

My friend who does the meals, Ray by name, is sleeping in his chair and I am hungry. Therein lies the conundrum. Do I wake him up and tell him I am starving, do I make something for both of us to eat, do I make somethng just for me and leave him alone or do I just sit here and suffer. Hmmm.

So I made us both a fresh tomato sandwich with lettuce and Mayo. I ate an avacado which I love so I am perfectly satisfied. Ray seems to be too. No wonder , he didn;t have to make his or mine and then I cleaned up. He commented on that LOL and I said I had not noticed what I was doing. I'm gettin better haha.
See it looks like a love apple doesn't it. I do love tomatoes.

We had a Charlotte day today and it was wonderful watching her run all over the place. I envied her the energy and wished I had some of it. She is such a darling. I'd like to be that too LOL.
She was wearing her safari ourfit, no animals haha just a cute little skort and a pretty top.
Posed in her safari outfit.
Now this is a nice pose she is a natural!
Taking time out to read aloud. It is so funny to hear her do that as she can't really talk yet but she makes sounds.
Sitting on grandpa's knee , she loves him!
Standing on her new quilt, looks like she is stamping on it. I did take more photos but let's face it , not everybody want a whole blog og Charlotte which I could do by the way LOL.
Meaghan and Grandma, how did I get so short?

When I was young there was a lot of talk about species going extinct and one of those species was the Whooping Crane ,Man I am glad I checked back as I typed in Shooping , now that would be hilarious, but back to my original  topic, the Whooping Crane was almost extinct in those days only 10 pair left in the world and those in the US and Northern Canada. In the paper this morning there was an article "that the Whooping Crane has been restored to  approximately 300  birds due to recent land deals in the US. That have turned hundreds of acres of prime land into wildlife protection areas. Two American women left money in their wills to help save the Cranes. "Quotes from the Vancouver Sun.
I was so happy to read this as it was a big topic of conversation when I was a kid just learning about extinction. I did not believe that things could change that way. Naivete of course.
After Charlotte left the old folk were tired out and had to have naps . My goodness it is awful to be old and have less energy than an 18 month old LOL.

I read for a bit though, not out loud of course but silent reading haha. That brings to mind reading in school, silent reading of course. No reading out loud!! I loved silent reading time, reading was the best thing to do and still is.

Oh I quite for got I am in this for quilting eh! So here goes.
These are called Shark's Teeth, not sure what you would do with them but I know some of you get it.

www.patternsfromhistory.com/bible_quilt/bible_wings.htm



Pretty block isn't it?

Time to go and why am I blue   ?

Rick's photo.
Igloo church up in the great white north.



Have a great  evening folks, See I figured it out LOL.
Buona Sera.
I love this guy even if he is a bit late.



 





















2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Another fun post! Thanks for the links. The shark's teeth embellishment is wild! And I love that block. The pictures of your sweet grandgirls!! :)

Anonymous said...

My Grandmother use to say "God helps those who help themselves" :)Jean