a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stay at home day

http://willowberrydesigns.typepad.com/I love this red and white block of simple 2 1/2" squares. But then I love red and white so it's a given that I would love it. I'd like to find the 2 1/2 strips or this block.
I don't often buy on line but if I can't find things here and really want it then I may be induced to purchase on line.

I am in a real slump regarding any kind of handwork, knitting and quilting just are not stirring me at all these days. I might be induced to embroidery if my machine ever gets home. I don't recall being like this before. It is a bad thing LOL. Maybe it is just a fallow time for me. Not that I ever am really in a big working time. But some times I do have  a bit of energy. This is not the time hahaha!

We are so sad about the huge landslide that covered up a good part of Johnson's Landing where 4 people were buried under 5 metres of sludge and presumed dead. The next day a second slide roared through the same area. Lots of rain , too much water and a slippery slope were the causes of the slides. It was  horrendous. Two new slides in other areas happened today. Too much rain is the one of the causes!
The disaster search and rescue team is there right now but it is too late to help  according to me.  I am not an official so realize this is my opinion.

This photo shows the roof of this house , the second floor is gone buried in the mud.
And here is the slide itself.
Ray and I stayed home today believe it or not. We watched  Peyton Place , the movie. I remember when the novel and then the movie came out and the high dudgeon they caused as being way to liscentious. So of course eveyone wanted to read the book and see the movies and watch the complete lack of morals contained therein.
I never got to read it or see it at that time as my mom would have killed me. No hiding books under the mattress for me, she would be looking. So I watched it today and wondered what all the fuss was about, it seemed so tame after what we see on TV these days.
But tame or not we watched the whole movie waiting for the bad bits to happen. Just one bad bit where a young girls was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant and lawdy me had an abortion.
She eventually killed him the next time he came for her. So I guess in 1957 that was salacious. Not uncommon but definitely hidden under the carpet. I read a review of the movie and the reviewer said
much of the book's story had been whitewashed for the American public who could not be exposed to it.
But Margaret read the book, how did you get away with that Margaret?
And Marg came over this afternoon with a Tami Haog from the library for me to read.  She takes them out and we both read them. Thanks kid!
Aw everyone loves flowers even a Bengal tiger.
A bit of levity LOL.

Aw so darned cute.

And now it is time to close for today. Have a great evening folks.
Buona notte












No comments: