a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ruby Tuesday or any other colour

http://www.debbiemumm.com/Projects/QuiltBlocks/2012/

Debbie Mumm has a new project for you, two blocks are up already. Sign up for the next blocks to be delivered to your computer if you want to do her quilt.

http://conniekresin.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html

Some very cute small projects . I got these two sites from another reading list. Cyberquilters is a great place for good stuff. Of course you have to join up or you could just get them from me. LOL

Here is a Wandering Star block- that somehow reminds me of a song.
I just had to find that song , it was running through my head over and over. So I searched and found it. I Was Born Under a Wandrin' Star sung by Lee Marvin. Now I have to find out what movie that was. But not now!!

And now for my day LOL. It was my regular Tuesday sewing day. Pat was away so Juliet kindly picked me up. We had to go to a shop
to pick up Betty's mixer which was getting fixed. 
We were parked in a lane parking lot and Juliet went across the street to get the mixer. I just happened to be in the right place to see a business transaction  going on in the lane. Who cares what an old lady knows is happening LOL, it goes on all over the city I guess.

Then Juliet took me to the church strange juxtaposition isn't it hahaha.
I had a good day there with the lovely ladies. Oh it makes me so happy to be there. I just continued to applique my blue butterfly, it is almost done, only the body left to do and then I am going to embroider the antennae on all the blocks and see if I need to make any more. Ray made my lunch as usual, I am sure he thinks I eat like a lumberjack as my dad would say. I got a salami sandwich, 2 bottles of water, a thermos full of V8 juice, a hard boiled egg and an orange. Hmm I brought most of it home. He is so kind but I just could not eat it all.
Then for dinner he made sauerkraut and pork ribs. Oh it was so good!!
But I digress , after church Sharon took Betty and me over to Mary Alice's . I didn't do anything but talk to my special friends.  I had a good talk with Lynn who is not very well and another good talk with Jocelyn about our granddaughters, well mine are great granddaughters. A nice chat with Mary Alice and so on it goes. But once again  it was just fabulous.
And the sun shone gloriously. What more could one ask for?
Oh how cute!

I kiss you?  Oh go ahead and them leave me alone....

Chicken cake, how 'bout that.

Now here's a long tall drink of water.
Now for some more pictures of not dogs :))

Made from extra blocks for Community quilts. The lady in pink is my dear friend Lynn.
Now that one is very striking, black and solids are truly Amish looking.
Lovely little doughnut with beads used to imitate sprinkles.
Well that's a lot of pictures to look at ,so time is running out.
Have a lovely evening!
Buona Sera.




















No comments: