a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

all day long

http://www.lynbrown.com/sunset-and-vine-mystery-quilt-clue-one/ 
Join up if you like mystery quilts. Or just enjoy looking around the site.

I have spent forever today trying to book a date for Ray's tests. You can only prebook on line not at the office. I kept getting rejected over and over ( watch me cry) !!!!. My password was not acceptable. Even if I changed it there was no acceptance. Eventually I discovered that they would have no use for the exclamation mark! What a huge pain in the butt!!!
I finally made it after a lot of fuss.
Then I had to find a site I had on one of these blog pages and that took forever too. My searching day was productive if totally frustrating! I hope Ray has no more things for me to find LOL.

We did go out for a while to SubWay for a sandwich , bread and a bit of grocery shopping. A small bit for a change. We also checked things out at the clinic and that is where we found out the news they would not book.
I got my quilt back from Lauren yesterday and she did a gorgeous job on it.
Ray is holding up the quilt but I can't get the photo looking very good.
A bit closer and below is a close up of the quilting done by long armer Lauren Tolhurst.

 Beautiful isn't it. Lauren always does a great job!!

Now I must call Meaghan to tell her it is ready for Charlotte.

Margaret came over this afternoon. This time I had books for her too. One of them was a middle teen book written by my friend John Lekich. He has had several books published.
This one is entitled The Prisoner of Snowflake Falls. 
I love the characters in this book. The hero is a fifteen year old boy who has no parents and his uncle with whom he lives is a small time crook has been sentenced to jail. Henry has taken to stealing himslef to survive. He is sent to Snowflake Falls to become a more honest person. The story goes on from there to its natural conclusion .Along the way Henry meets some interesting characters. Enough of telling but suffice to say I enjoyed it mightily.


The other book was Margaret's LOL.
We talked about her visit in Palm Springs in April. I would like to go there for a vacation. Peter and Judith go there all the time so I want to talk to him about it too. Right now it is way too hot for us so we'll wait until it gets colder if it does.
I hope all my American friends had a marvellous July the Fourth. We celebrated by watching two movies of the Americans fight for independence.

As we had eaten our lunch after 2:00 we did not make any dinner, just had a piece of apple pie with whipped Cream. Oh so so bad!
Visualize this sweat shop in the daytime when all the ladies were working. It was a horror story. But the machines made Lindsay and I think of the time we went to a Chinese restaurant in Iowa, in a small mall where a special fabric shop, Rustic Yearnings,  sat at one end of the mall and the restaurant at the other. We trooped into the restaurant, there were 6 of us all from different parts of the country. We were all internet friends and had decided to come together to get to know each other better. Well in the middle of Iowa was a Chinese owner who was from Vancouver , who knew!   Then we went into the restuarant and there in the restaurant were the tables which had the tops on the legs of the old Singer sewing machines. We fell in love with the place. We had such a great time and the Chinese man was very attentive to me, I guess because I was from back home LOL. That was a wonderful trip!
This is Ranny, who invited us all to stay with her. She drove us all around Iowa, Kansas and Illinois. Thispicture is of her with her quilt , feathered star I think it was called. She had entered it in the Des Moines quilt show. It was such a wonderful time. Ranny passed away the beginning of June. We lost a wonderful friend that day.
Ranny, Nan and Lindsay at the quilt show.
It was a most wonderful trip thanks to Ranny!!
Time is up for me tonight.
Have a lovely evening!

Konichi'wa

 
















No comments: