a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, July 6, 2012

A day to remember

http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/07/06/spools-pincushion/
This is a cute pincushion for someone who likes complicated things or maybe it isn't that complicated for you.

http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-friday-freebie-29.html  A vintage pincushion.

tipnut.com/22-free-pincushion-patterns

Ah tipnut has many pincushion patterns in the site above.

What a beautiful day here on the coast. The sun was out , the temperature was high enough, and there was a slight breeze.Everyone in Vancouver was out I think even us. We were all tempted by the beauty of the day. Ray and I went down to the river along with many other people and their dogs. We walked along the path for a bit of exercise, sitting on the available benches when needed, watching the river run by and watching the people running in the heat. We thought it was a bit dangerous for them, but most were young and able. The dogs lay in the sun , some dogs going for a bit of exercise with their people.

Two dogs  out for a walk. This one would not turn his head so I got the back of his head but the little white guy was cooperative.


It's cool on concrete.


I love this water fountain, it is a normal one for people but down at the bottom it is for dogs and any other critter who wants to use it. There is a memorial plaque on it that says dogs and folks.



 The planes were flying overhead and there was a boat out on the river but he was flying by so we didn't get a good look at him.
Lovely view to sit and watch the river flow by and we did~!

I tried to  take pictures of the fast flying boats and planes but no luck. The sun was in my eyes and the screen of my camera was not clear. All in all a lovely day.
Sign to warn people that river may be high. It wasn't today as the tide was out .

However the sun and fresh air must have gotten to me as I came home and went to sleep. Ray called me for supper, he had made a salad , I was not very hungry and  could not eat it all.

Our Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is also a poker player. I didn't know that. The B.C. LotteryCorp is paying him $10,000 as the entry fee for next week's World Series of Poker main event in Las Vegas.   Who knew!  Maybe I'll watch that but I think it would be like watching paint dry LOL.


$50,000,000 on the Lotto Max tonight. If I don't show up tomorrow you can bet I won the fifty million. What am I talking about, I didn't buy a ticket..... But Ray did and  get half hahaha. That's the good thing about being married you get to share!
Enough of the gamblers. LOL.

That's the end of it!
Have a lovely evening!! I will. Football tonight  B.C. Lions against the Hamilton Tiger cats. We will win LOL!!!
                                   Buona Sera.











No comments: