a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, July 5, 2012

three!!

http://sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/christmas-july-moda-drawstring-gift-bags-dear-mr-claus

A quick little tutorial -how to make drawstring bags. You'll need these for those Christmas gifts and birthday gifts like $$$$.

http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/free_patterns

More patterns. I like the one called Charm Saturday .Go down to the grayed out patterns and it is there. Click on the picture and the instructions will come up.


http://kissedquilts.blogspot.ca/2012/03/spinner-tutorial.html 

For the mathematician in you those of you who have this person inside you. That would   not be me! I have no numbers in me!! LOL. However I do know the times tables !!!

Our cleaning lady came today and I lay down to read, fell asleep and got up quite late. Ray said let's go out for dinner. I wanted to go to TOPS and he wanted to go to Boston Pizza. We went to Boston Pizza. Ray had lasagna and coffee. I had to be different and ordered Cajun Rice bowl. I said to Ray I was tired of those little cut up pieces of stale chicken so the Cajun rice bowl should be a good alternative. Guess what, it came with stale chicken bits. ARRGH!
It did have some nice large shrimp.
The waitress asked why I didn't eat it all and did I want to take the leftovers home. I  had to tell her I didn't like it much. Oh she said was it too spicy. Hello,!there was no heat in it at all, so I told her it was not hot enough. I don't like to tell a waitress I am not happy with the food, not her fault. She was a good waitress and we did tip her well.
On the way home the roads were very busy so we thought we'd be smart and take a different road. Lots of other smart people on that road LOL.
That was the whole day gone and nothing productive done at all.
But that's the life of a senior citizen LOL. Sleep, eat and drink lots of water!

I am ashamed that I have not sewn for a few days. I must do some tomorrow, at least a few rows of sewing. It takes me a while to pin the seams together but there is no way I can sew a stright seam unless I pin it forst. Oh maybe I'll pin tonight and then it will be ready to sew tomorrow. Now that is smart thinking haha.

Who do you think will win this staring competition? My bet's on the cat!

Can you believe this? It is a great job done but I would not want to do this to my beloved machine. But in a little way I really like it!! It is so intersting to look at and very colourful. The person who did this job is a bit of an artist.

Hahaha I'll just bet you are LOL.

Adam took these young Louisiana pipers to Scotland. I am guessing that they are participating in a contest, maybe. Adam is the guy at the back on the left.  Isn't it wonderful how these young men are experiencing  an exciting time away from home. And in Scotland where it is always cold even in August. It will be different for sure. I hope they all have fun!
Out in the open fields in northern Alberta or maybe the Northwest Territories. Animal in the wild are most interesting to watch. I think these brown bears are black bears LOL. Of course I could be wrong......

I love this one, it is so funny. The mom says if you don't know any French,  Stop that Moses and take your bath! Hahaha.
Weather report. The weather today was perfect, nuff said!!
My time is up, my brain is out of words, doesn't take much does it?
Have a lovely evening.
Isn't this great , but I can't imagine- Training for what with those heels.
                           Bonne nuit!


















No comments: