a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 29, 2010

almost forgot

Whoops , it amost slipped my mind about doing my blog tonight. Now that would be a tragedy LOL. Sometimes there isn't a lot to talk about but today there is. My ex husband has been admitted to the hospital with advance cancer throughout his body and brain. It is such a tragedy when things lke this happen. This disease is so, so awful and devastating to a person and his family, I feel so badly for my sons, particularly my eldest who has been there for the past three months helping his dad. He is sitting next to his bed in the hospital. All I can hope for is that the end is quick and merciful and that Adam can get back to his life. He has been heroic all during his dad's ordeal.
I am having a great deal of trouble seeing the print on this blog , is the print getting smaller or are my eyes getting worse. A big conundrum!! WELL I just fixed that ,moved the magnification to 125% HELLO!! ! Why didn't I think of that earlier. Loose brain LOL .
I did take time to do another Sue, this one she is walking her dog. I'll get right on to taking a photo.
Shortly :>).
Have you ever watched The Glades, not a bad show, we are watching it right now ,takes place in Florida, of course, it is called The Glades. it is a police story and is quite good. I like stories that take place in Florida as the light is great. I don't like dark shows where you can't see anything.
I just finished a great little detective mystery that takes place in the late 1800s in San Francisco and features an unusal woman lawyer who had to resist dociety and family to practice her chosen career. She is a great heroine, beautiful of cours, who isn't in books and very clever , another of course LOL. I wonder when they will write a story about a plain jane, plain but clever . I am dreaming aren't I? The book is called Scandal at Rincon Hill by Shirley Tallman, and is the fourth in a series of four mystery novels about Sarah Woolson. It is what I call a nice gentle murder mystery where the murders are almost incidental and not vividly described. Violence is at a minimum , just the fact that someone was killed, but not all the gory details.
Talking about gentle mysteries we have been watching a Canadian show called The Murdoch Mysteries which takes place in Toronto. I have not been a fan of shows coming out of Toronto but this one is a good one and worth the effort. It takes place in Victorian times and is quite true to the period.
Time out!!
Have a great evening!! Kalinihta as they say in Greek. I cannot write those Greek characters :<(

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Nan, I like your blog the way it is, especially the column with all the pictures. LOL - you can make the type bigger rather than making the zoom higher. When you go to add a new post, right above the box where you type - there is a TT symbol. If you click on that you can change the size of the font. I do think you have it set on small - try the next size bigger and see if you like it.

I love your heart quilt and those Sunbonnets!