a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

full day

I'm late tonight. I had lunch out today with three friends, Rae, Marilyn and Muriel, friends form our embroidery group that closed down. It is good when you keep in touch.
Before I met theladies I went to Fabricana for some iron on stabilizer, I am desperate to find something more reasonably priced than Sulky. I bought some red for the sashing of my little redwork Sues and of course it is red.
After lunch I came home and embroidered one more SBS, she is riding a bike, so cute.
Then I cleaned up all my sewing things, put the embroidery machine away, unplugged the iron and put that in its holder , took the ironing board back to its corner, and cleared off the table of thread holders, scissors etc.
I took my memory stick upstairs to the PC where the designs are stored and added the rest of the redwork Sues to it.
Then my son Peter came and we had dinner, just as we finished Adam came in and he had dinner too. I had made hot sausages with fried cabbage,mushrooms, celery, garlic and onion. It was very good , even Adam who is not a vegetable person ate it and enjoyed it. Big surprise !!!
We talked about his dad and how things were going. He is going back to Louisiana to give Lisa some support as both her parents have health issues, but he'll be back in 2 weeks.
Later in the evening I watched a documentary about the lost girls of India. It was about the baby gorsl who have been abandoned and the ones who have been aborted.It is a sad tale and is beginning to cause difficulties in that country where there are not enough women for the over abundance of men to marry.
It is time to sign off, photos tomorrow.
Good night folks!

1 comment:

dequilter said...

Hi Nan, I sent an email asking if the SBS are 4x4 or 5x7. I think I would like to have the SBS redwork. As soon as I finish cleaning the yard for the winter, I want to get back to my sewing room. I was on the site for Elsa's design. I love her site and like you, she has photos. I love the Botswanna one. Sam's sister spent several yrs there working for Habitat for Humanity.
Then she moved to St.Thomas and this past June decided as she is getting older (50+0 she felt she should move closer to family. So right now she is in North Carolina. It is very hot today but I have to weed wack around the bird feeders so I am heading out into the yard. I will be exhausted this afternoon being in the heat. Nice to hear about Adam. They both have their hands full. Love, Jean