a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 2, 2010

time to blog

After 3 weeks of not getting mail from my friend Jean in Delaware we or I should say she finally got it solved and now I can get mail and photos from her.
That's a good thing. We called back and forth, good thing we both have the phone plan that allows for unlimited international calls.
After a long walk this AM/PM over the noon hour in the mall I was a bit tired. Although I would love to walk outside the streets here are lined with trees and commensurate with trees are their roots that lift up the sidewalks, it is really a danger for me to walk on the streets, easy to fall and break these old bones. My doctor told me "Do Not Fall" so that is why we walk in the mall. More than you wanted to know LOL.
My son Jim called to say he was at Rick's , Rick was cooking dinner for him . He did not come straight through as the freeway was totally clogged with holidayers returning home from the long weekend. He will be going to see his dad tomorrow. Mac has been told he has from 2 weeks to 2 months to live. What a frightening diagnosis and such a dreadful end of his days. Brain cancer and cancer throughout , no wonder the time is short. He hopes to make his 80th birthday early in October.
After getting off the phone with Jean I embroidered a tea towel for my stepdaughter Lynn who lives in Quebec. She loves frogs so we pick up little forggie things for her. Ray has a box going and wanted me to make a tea towel. I did!!. It is the cutest design, just makes you smile when you look at it. Another special from Emblibrary, who have such great designs. I hope to get another one started after I finish this blog.
Tonight on my sock my plan is to turn the heel and pick up along the sides. Hmm I should be really busy, think I overplanned- a visitor, an embroidery and sock knitting. Think I'll make it LOL
Time to get started if I am ever to finish.
Have a great evening!!
Buona Sera.

2 comments:

dequilter said...

You have too much energy. Can't believe after we talked you went and made the tea towel and still plan on doing another plus the sock. I am ashamed of myself. I guess if Sam hires a time study person to follow me around I will be in trouble for all the wasted time. You do inspire me. I love the frogs. I still want to make the finger tip pot holder but have to get to Joann's to get the materials needed. Son came this morning and we played with the smart zone email thing. Then I had to send the new emails to my 2 sisters and my niece. I wondered why I did not hear from them.. Have another great busy day. Love, Jean

nanboudreau said...

Day was busy but not with work. Jim is here so we travel around a lot, more to come, we are going to DQ
love
Nan