a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 15, 2010

the race is not always to the swift

nor the battle to the strong, sometimes it is brains over brawn... but in my house today there were no brains, not mine anyway. There was no swiftness either :>)
After spending the afternoon reading I thought to make another SBS redwork block . I started it and halfway through, there was a most awful screeching . Of course I was not at the machine, are we ever at the machine when it goes wrong. Off comes the hoop , only to discover the first idiotic thing I did today, the bobbin was empty and this machine had a bobbin reminder saying time to change bobbins. But I know more than the machine and I was using rayon thread so the bobbin sebsor is a bit off and I just take it a bit longer. Then stupid #2, Shift the fabric a bit in the hoop to straighten it. NO!! That threw the design off centre. But sometimes that is not too , too awful so I finished the stitchout. #3 Sprayed the design to remove the blue centre mark that I used the blue pen for only to see the fabric shrink up a bit on both blocks. AARRRGGGGHHHH, You know what comes next, right? I cut the fabric without washing it up first and I had several block pieces already cut . My brain has been out for a while from the heat I guess. :<( So the blocks that I got ready are now washed and in the dryer. First smart thing I did today!!
On the other hand I did do some FMQ on my baby quilt just two more blocks left to do. There are only 6 blocks LOL. When I do this little quilt it hurts my shoulders and hands, it is very hard to move for some reason and yes the feed dogs are down. It has a flannel backing and that seems to be difficult for my machine.
I'll do those two tomorrow after we come home from the hospital where Ray has to see a new rheumatologist as his wonderful one moved to Kamloops. I hope this one is as good and as nice as the first one.
No more sewing for me today , maybe some knitting....
Have a nice evening and stay out of the heat. Kalispera!

No comments: