a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 26, 2010

mirror, mirror on the wall

What the heck happened....LOL
L took a look in the rear view mirror in my car and nearly fainted. Age should not be a good enough reason to look this way :>)) I have changed since I was 75, not for the better. However time does have its benefits but I'll have to think long and hard about that one.
It was a full day here today, now that is a good thing about time, we still are able to go out and about. Ray's car had to go to the body shop again, I'd like to go to a body shop :<(, someone backed into his newly repaired bumper. Then he had to go to the dentist to have his tooth repaired that had been repaired not too long ago. Is the planet Mercury retrograde or what? Having to get everything done twice is a waste of time and money.
While he was away I embroidered another Sue, this one with a cat. I still have four to do to get them all done. There are only 10 of them , I always wonder why designers do ten blocks when twelve is a much better number. It makes more sense don't you think? I washed all the fabric that I bought the past few days, it is all folded and put away until I need it. The brown and red pieces will be used soon I hope.
A call came from Quebec to say that our new great grandbaby , due in January is a girl. There are five great grandchildren in Quebec and they are all girls. Here in Vancouver/Abbotsford Meg is also expecting in January but she and Louis don't want to know what the baby is until it is born.
I called Jean in Delaware tonight and we had a nice conversation. Both of us have the phone service where we have unlimited minutes so we can call each other any time. It is a great service. We talked to Lynn in Quebec today and Ray's sisters Marion and Gerry in Manitoba as well.
The heart quilt is packed and ready to be mailed to Quebec along with the froggie towels and some other frog paraphenalia.
I am sure you are not interested in our shopping trips today but Ray bought a scratch ticket and won $50. Mine was just worth $9, Too bad for me , so good for Ray.
Bon Soir folks, take care.



Then we had to go to our doctor fro prescription renewal

No comments: