a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 23, 2010

it's the economy stupid There I got one.

No title as of yet but I am sure I will think of one. Our lunch with friends was a great visit and we have decided that after they come back from their trip to Reno we will go down to the state of Washington for our next lunch. Isn't it interesting that crossing the border to another country which is esentially the same as the country we have just left makes it exciting . Crazy aren't we?
Ray and I went chuffing around the mall , ended up in Sears where they are renovating and there was not a thing we wanted to buy. It is quite a shame how many stores have been closed in the mall, whole sections are empty. There are still lots of shops there but so many have gone under. I think that the rents in big malls are so outrageous that small companies cannot keep up , especially when customers cut down on their spending. When the two collide it is like meteors crashing and it all explodes. It is a shame. We need business to keep the economy rolling along. It is a partnership between business and clients.
China is in big trouble when a traffic jam can last 9 days, yes days not hours. The price of economic success. I am sure on the economy today. So go out folks and spend your money LOL.
When we arrived home I cut come fabric. I had bought a pack of 10" squares of African prints from Keepsake Quilting and so cut them into 5" squares. I got the whole package cut but by then my legs were sore so I sat down for a while. I'll cut the animals out another day. See I can only do so much in a day , such a shame. Oh I did iron and cut some of the background fabric for the Sues nad prepared a piece of fabric to do another Redwork Sue, but it is still sitting on the machine waiting to be started.
Then I made dinner. Adam brought us over some fresh caught ling cod and although it was frozen at the site it was still delicious. I love ling cod and it is like all other cod very difficult to get as it has been over fished commercially.
Tonight I am doing nothing LOL. Maybe reading a bit but that is all.
Have a good evening and take care. :>)

No comments: