a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 22, 2010

stuck thumb

Last night my thumb got stuck... it was the weirdest experience. My thumb was laying along side my hand and I could not move it. So weird !!!! I actually had to move it with my other hand. It did not want to be moved but finally the thumb went back to its normal position. Ray said it was like his trigger finger. I have never experienced anything like this before. I wonder what causes a thing like that.
We bought a new mattress and box spring yesterday , I forgot to mention that. It is a lovely bed and we needed it as the one we are getting rid of had a few sprung springs. The company we bought it from, Sleep Country, has good prices and the best thing is they take the old mattress away and refresh it if possible to give to someone who really needs one and can't afford to buy a new one. That is so good!! I am looking forward to sleeping on it. My old one was very comfortable, though old, and we thought it was time.
Have you ever wondered as you get older if you have Alzheimers because you are forgetting things. I always say I do not forget but the mental Rolodex is very full and it takes longer to locate things. But if you wonder you can look up the 7 symptoms of Alzheimers to find out where you stand and I DO NOT have Alzheimers Whew!! Haha!
No sewing today, I have been unwell and had to spend a bit of time this afternoon in bed , very dizzy and unstable on my feet. So I am resting. If I wanted to do sewing I would have to bring out the ironing board , iron my fabric and cut some more blocks. I was certainly not up for that. Tomorrow I will be better!!
This week I want to cut up some fabrics for a new quilt, I think it will be the jungle fabrics and African animals one. I have the fabric for it . Watch for it LOL. But don't stay up.:>))
I put up a small towel in the bathroom that I had embroidered when I first began this wonderful hobby. Of course I did not know all the tricks of embroidery and it sure has no resemblance to my later projects. I have a friend from my original embroidery classes which by the way did not give me this tip, she was a member of that class and a lovely embroiderer who told me to add the clear washaway stabilizer to the top of any towel I was doing and that would keep the stitches from sinking into the pile of the towel. It was the single most important tip I have received on the subject. My towels have been featured in Emblibrary Showcase and complimented by the owners of that site. So if you want good looking towels do this on any high pile piece you are embroidering.
Hmm long dissertation and I didn't think I had anything to say. More fool me. Haha...
Good evening!!
Take care.

No comments: