a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Sew day

Not a lot of sewing though but I did get most of the peach coloured butterfly appliqued. Remember the one that I appliqued off the diagonal and took all the pieces off the background, well it was that one and it
is right on the diagonal this  time. There is just the body left to applique and the antennae to embroidery. Someone asked how many I was going to do but I can't say. It is the choice of colours that intrigues me not the number of blocks. So you see I could do a lot of them. LOL.
Ione brought a beautiful birthday card to show at Community Quilts . It was made for her birthday by a friend of hers who lives in England, It opened up to three pages and the middle page flipped up to show the birthday message. The other pages were done in what I believe is called Tole. It takes a picture and build it up with more of the same pictures so there may be 5 layers, it was gorgeous. Happy Birthday Ione.
I had fun there today as usual. What a great bunch of ladies.!!
Tea at Betty's and some lovely little cakes, much discussion about the guild as there are money problems and membership issues as well. Surely very difficulties to solve.
Received a letter from Adam and Mac cannot leave the hospital , he needs constant doses of morphine. The brothers and Lisa and Katie are taking turns staying with him all night and they are sharing the daytime bed sitting as he gets upset if there is no one there that he knows whenever he wakes. From my experience with my sister's husband as he was  dying from cancer it appears to be exactly the same set of symptoms. Time is short for him. This week probably.I am very sad.
No embroidery today either, it appears that I am only able to do one thing a day as far as sewing is concerned. I know that many people can do way more than that but for me if I do that one thing I am unable to do more without ruing it. So I stay at one.
And I will knit instead. Lynn jocularly said today that since I can't seem to get those socks done she had to buy, yes buy, some. They were quite wonderful though. I should have taken a picture but then my camera was home sitting on the table. Not very useful there is it.
The rain came down in buckets all day, the trees were really happy, Ray said the leaves were laughing, so poetic isn't he. And the leaves WERE  happy, it has been so dry all summer and it is hard on them.
Good night ladies ....  No photos tonight.
Take care, sleep well.

No comments: