a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Brick Layer

Noah Boyd is the author of this engrossing book. It is an FBI mystery about a rogue FBI agent who was fired for doing things his way.He has settled into the simple life of a bricklayer.
Then a huge case comes along involving the FBI , a extortion plot, targeted killings of noted people unrelated to the plot but intrinsic to the "game"
It involves millions of dollars gone missing and which the FBI is seemingly all at sea. In comes Stephen Vail who allows that he has to do things his way and not have any one telling him what to do, no bosses. As the ones in charge think he is the only ex agent/agent who can solve the problem they agree to his terms. He then acquires a female agent Kate Bannon as a partner , she becomes the romantic interst and supplies the sexual tension almost from the beginning. Three FBI agents killed and 5 million dollars missing,danger all round and superman Vail finally solves the mystery after several extremely dangerous assignments with a very clever killer. You begin to believe that , oh no, I can't tell you that LOL, read the book. It is one of those stories that will keep you up half the night unable to put the book down.I enjoyed reading this one and would read another of Boyd's books.
My sewing group today - remember that butterfly that I put on the beckground the wrong way, a pretty peach one that I was going to throw away?
I decided to take off the applique pieces and sew them onto another background block, that's what I did at my Tuesday group. I felt very satisfied having done that - it takes so little to make me happy my grandson once said to me as I rapturized over a bed of beautiful yellow tulips. LOL.
It was very hot today , the kind of hot that makes your clothes stick. It was difficult for me and although I did go to Community Quilts and to Betty's for tea I left early to come home, lay down and fell asleep for 2 hours under my FAN!!
I should be good to stay up reading until late tonight!
Stay cool if you can folks! Thanks for reading.
Bon Soir!

No comments: