a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

sometimes you do

And today I did. Jim is here and he taught me how to text on my new phone. I wanted to learn that because as Jim says , if you want to talk to anyone under 30 you need to text. Well I have lots of grandchildren so I thought it was a great idea. So now I am a texter!!! Another skill for the old girl!!
I texted my son Adam because his phone bill is so high while he is here in Canada that I thought it would be good to text him.
I did not work or sew today.
When Jim came in last night he and I talked until 1:30 AM and then I read until I feel asleep. He needed to talk about his dad. Tomorrow morning he is heading over to Sechelt to see him.
But today we headed out to Home Depot where the guys , Ray and Jim bought man toys and I went to Staples where I bought nothing but I enjoy a stationery store, lots of nice pens, pencils and other goodies.
We had lunch at Wendy's then it was off to the chip shop where Jim gets his electronic bits and pieces. He always goes there when he comes home.
I was very tired when we got back so I had a nap then made dinner. We plan to go to Dairy Queen in a little while.
Right now we are watching Fifth Estate on the downfall of Lehman Bros. My it is such a complete fraud that was perpetrated on the old and the poor by the rich. The landscape of the USA is littered with those unfortunate people who lost their homes. I have seen this before when the interest rates in Canada went up to 17%. Many people here lost their homes when their mortgage payments went up so high they could not meet them. We got caught in that mess at 14% but we stuck it out, fortunately we were able to with some sacrifice, but believe me it was not easy. Now we have no mortgage thank goodness. It was always a worrisome thing when we had one.
Well there it is, my thoughts on money :>))
Have a good evening. Bon Soir!!

No comments: