a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

another day at sea

Stevenson open boat again , the one to where we took Adam and Lisa and which Matthew captained. Just a small boat so a small captaincy :>) but it was fun for Jim , Ray and I . The day was lovely and the air fresh and I got a pain in my neck :<( maybe from all that fresh air. It was good to see Matthew and was saw Chelsea too and she was the ticket seller. Everyone has a title LOL.
It was good. We had fish and chips in a paper open boat. At least that is what I call those little paper dishes. When we were young we went to Stanley Park, swam in the salt water pool, ate fish and chips with malt vinegar and salt. Heavenly!! I do love the ocean and all its smells.
We left Steveston about 2:30 and got caught in some heavy traffic going onto the bridge and also on the bridge. At the off ramp of the bridge there were two cars exchanging insurance information. The car behind hit the bumper of the car in front , another little accident on the busy streets of Vancouver.
My grandson who lives in Louisiana and his son, my great grandson , Little
Adam are here in town. He called but the phone call was dropped. He did manage to get out that he would like to see us tomorrow and then we lost the connection. I hope he calls back tonight. He was over on Vancouver Island on a fishing trip with his dad and grandfather, I wonder how that went with Mac so sick. However it is his last fishing trip and he loves to fish so I hope all went well. I can hardly wait to see my great grandson, I so rarely see him. He won't know who I am , sad to say. He is already 8 years old.
I did no sewing today. After we came home I read my e mail and then made dinner. Oh I did a bit this morning, practiced free motion. It took me so long to get that foot on the machine so I think I'll leave it on for a few days and practice some more.
Jim and I are going to Dairy queen soon so it is Good night for now.
Bon Soir!

No comments: