a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

sometimes fun can be work!!

And that's the truth....
My embroidery today was a mess. First I started a tea towel for Lynn my stepdaughter with a frog on it. I discussed the frogs with this blog yesterday so no need to reiterate.
Today's frog was one that had to be turned because of the size and it was already the wrong way so I turned it 180' . Clever right? NOT!
First towel started in the wrong place , that is whne I realized it needed to be turned. Because I really wanted to get it done today , HELLO!! I started on another towel , turned the design only to discover when I came to the last part which was the lettering that it was backwards. NO!! I was so mad since once again the stitching had started. Off the hoop came but not any of the stabilizer nor the towel from the hoop and in that awkward position I began to slit the stitches. It takes quite a while to undo embroidery stitches as those of you who embroider will know. At one point I thought that I may be able to leave some of it and just embroider over it. It worked so that was the one good thing about today's work.
While sitting at the machine as it worked I undid the stitches on the other towel so in the end after a lot of extra work all was completed. Now I have two tea towels for Lynn's parcel.
That was my afternoon but earlier in the day we had to visit my sweet techie where I bought the laptop and camera. All I wanted was a 2 GIG memory stick. Not a very big purchase. We had lunch at Tim Horton's, nothing very intersting.
We shopped for fruits and vegetables at the green grocers.
And I spent time on the upstairs computer,a PC, playing with the embroidery designs, adding some of them to my stick and removing others. Takes time to keep things organized LOL.
Now I am ready to relax snd maybe do some knitting.
Have a great night folks.
Bon Soir!

2 comments:

dequilter said...

Hi Nan, still going to do the heel on the sock ? Remember I said about you have too much energy? Being jealous of your energy I want to say, "Haste Makes Waste". Slow down a bit. Sometimes you are on automatic pilot and then crap happens. I am starting to get a hankering for the sewing room , so maybe by Sept. I am still enjoying my reading. I tried to pick up my knitting but the wool makes my hands sweaty. So I put that aside. Going to crab feast this evening. I just finished cutting the grass and it is so hot and humid. You frogs are cute. Love, Jean

nanboudreau said...

I turned the heel last night Jean.
Slow DOWN haha!! Glad you are still reading Jean. I am off to the foot doctor soon.
hugs
Nan