a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 20, 2010

new light bulbs

How prosaic is that.... we had to order light bulbs from a lighting store for the bathroon. I like the old incandexcent bulbs because I can see better but they are hard to find these days, at least the large globe ones are. The order came in and we went to Richmond to get them. Also trilight incandescent bulbs are hard to find so if you do find them stock up. I sure need the clarity of these bulbs to read, do my crosswords, knit, hand sew, look at magazines , cut the jump stitches on embroidery and threads on quilts. Eyes get weaker as you age and if it is too dark they do not see.
Knitting is difficult when it is too hot or for that matter so is hand quilting work. It is hot to sit under a quilt and hands may perspire if knitting, that makes the needles slip and drop stitches- not fun to go back and pick up stitches as any knitter can tell you. I am going to make up a sock pattern some time soon- that should be a challenge LOL.Wait for it!!
Ray and I are alone now , no family here . Adam left early this morning to go back to Louisiana for a short time. His taxi came at 5:00 AM. Neither of us even heard him leave, we were both surprised at that. He was sure quiet.
I did enjoy the opportunity to have him here.
I think I'll do another redwork block tonight WEEELL maybe, I'll see.
Have a nice evening!!
Buena notte..

No comments: