a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 27, 2010

tea party, not in Boston :>)

A friendly tea party with friends of course. It was a great time. These friends are my mothers. When I taught school the children of these ladies were in my classroom . All of them from one year to the next so I had all their kids. These wonderful moms used to volunteer and did so much for me. They made my life a lot easier . Even after their kids moved on to other grades they continued to volunteer in my classroom. We continued our friendships off the school yard and after 26 years are still going strong. One of the ladies became a grandmother this week, it is so exciting. The baby is a beautiful little girl .
In the morning we met Sam for breakfast, he was going to his grandfather's to see what he can do for him. Time is running short.
I did no sewing today at all not even washing fabric, no embroidery,nothing!!
We had to get our prescriptions today and were shocked at the cost, $840.00. Fortunaltely we paid just $15.00.... Between the government pharmacare programme and our own insurance they covered the rest. We are so fortunate!
I think I have run out of words but I could make some observations about a book I read or half a book I read. It had been recommended by other readers and I think it was mentioned in the newpaper as a good one. I thought not and only read half of it. To me it did not live up to its hype, was not funny , totally unrealistic and had a silly plot line. The characters were not real as far as I was concerned but that is JMHO.. I was so disappointed. I thought to find a new series I could follow. The book is Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich.
We are watching the football game and praying that the Lions can come out of their 8 game losses. HA!
My granddaughter Chelsea was off to Toronto today to start her university career at Humber University. My best wishes for her , it is a big adventure to leave the safety of home.
Best of the evening to you all.

No comments: