a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

gaga for gaga

Watching Mentalist , I'll be back. Commercial :>)
Vancouver was entertained by Lady Gag last night and she put on an amazing show according to the entertainment news including setting a piano afire on stage. Shame really I hate to see a good piano go to waste. Gaga reminds me of Madonna in her prime before time and tide carried her away and ambition to become a dramatic actress took her to another hemishpere. Outrageous costumes, morphing from one persona to the next- profanity. Gaga the lady gave quite a show, she'll get very rich from her art. In the paper they call it performance art and it sure was/is. :>)
That's enough of Entertainment Tonight LOL>
I had a good day sewing, got both upper wings of my butterfly appliqued and the bottom wings pinned in place.
Betty Lu was there with her latest masterpiece a very large quilt that she had appliqued great streams of water on , huge lily pads on which she used a bleach pen to draw the lines on the pads and embroidered silver thread dragon fly wings, beautiful work. I wonder if she would let me take a photo , maybe not since she is going to enter it into a show on the east coast of the USA. It is a great privilege to sit next to her and watch her work.
Ray made me a great sandwich for lunch, egg salad , my favourite and V8 to drink. What a good husband he is. Very virtuous drinking V8, 2 servings of vegetables LOL.
More fun at Community Quilts , they had a great Show and Tell , do every week. The ladies make some lovely quilts for the hospitals.
At Betty's we had tea and cakes. The conversation was interesting and not just about quilting. One topic of conversation was about the Louisiana Purchase and the inability of the French to hold onto the lower half of the then United States. The history of Louisiana is quite fascinating.
I had intended to make another Sue after I came home but was sleepy so I had a nap. So no Sue today. And no photo either.
Take care folks, good night!

No comments: