a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 30, 2010

spending my gift card

Good evening folks. Thanks to Angie for showing me the way to increase the size of the print in this blog.  See how it can be altered!  This is classed as normal, not for me I'm afraid.
My eyes are so sore from reading e mail, I think I may have to cancel a lot of my groups to give my eyes a rest. I keep complaining about this but it is real eye strain I think.
We went to McDonald's for lunch today as they had coupons. We can't resist a bargain it seems.
We also went to Fabricana to spend the gift card that Jean gave me. So clever of her to sort out where I buy my fabric and then call and have them send a me a gift card.  I bought some batting for the Redwork Sues and  a three more pieces of  African skin fabrics  just to round out the ones I have already cut. They are quite pretty I'll show them later.
WE came home and I did one more Sue but I am having so much trouble with the thread shredding during the stitch out.  It seems every three to four minutes it shreds and breaks. I have to remove the thread and re thread.  I did take the machine apart, clean out the whole bobbin area, oil the wick and add a new needle. No luck, it still shredded the thread. It is the first time I have had trouble. I know it isn't the machine but the thread. Unfortunately  I need to keep using this thread because I don't want to change the colour of the last two blocks, so I just need to suck it up and get on with it. LOL.
I had to go to the hospital later in the afternoon for a cat scan. It is a day of forgettings, I forgot the sheet wirh my medications and then forgot what Meds I was taking. I hate that :(
Sometimes I get a brain freeze .
We went for dinner after the hospital, I need the break LOL.
Have a good evening. That's my plan :>)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nan, I know I haven't written you in so long, but know that I am watching you! (your blog!) Linda