a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 21, 2010

a new Sue

A gift from Sue to you LOL. It is so much fun embroidering these little redwork designs. It is my first time doing redwork and I really like it. Not withstanding that I do love the regular coloured pieces. For the redwork I use one piece of tearaway stabilizer and my fabric. The worst part of using tearaway stabilizer is trying to get it to lay flat along with the fabric and then to get it centred. It comes off my roll kind of rolled up and that makes it hard to handle . I guess that is because I am getting past the middle of the roll. Maybe I should run the iron over it. I would sure like to find a place to get some more of these rolls. The shop I bought them from is no longer doing retail. So I am having to buy those little packages of Sulky. Oh I think I have made this complaint before.
Jim called tonight and Rick came up from Calagary so Jim could work on his truck. That is good of him, he is so clever with anything mechanical. I was happy they were having a good time together :>)
Adam got home to Louisiana all right, he called last night. He will be back in a couple of weeks and Lisa will follow him later.
I found a new sock pattern on the internet today ,saved it for future reference. I think It will be a while before I do any more knitting though. It is easier to do in the winter, So it is winter for me and my yarn :>))
I want to start another quilt but have not come up with anything yet. I keep thinking of those Chinese Coins which I have seen on other blogs. Some of them are really lovely. YES that is what I'll do next. Not this week though , once again too busy, next week too. But September will be here soon.....
Have a great evening.

No comments: