a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 5, 2010

smoke all around

It is very hazy today , the smoke from the forest fires has drifted all the way down to the Lower Mainland. There are so many fires burning right now. Russia also has a huge number of fires that are devastating that country. I am wondering if that smoke is also drifting this way on the weather currents. Just a thought.
Watching the Mentalist right now so I may have periods of inattention to this blog LOL I really like this show. And I do like Simon Baker. Interestingly he was born in Tasmania , Australia. No accent!!
I went to my podiatrist this morning and when I got there the receptionist said, "Mrs. Boudreau, your appointment is for tomorrow", I blanked out for a minute thinking this office is not open on Saturday. I was out by a day in the week. That is what happens when you are always on holiday, don't know one day from the next.LOL! However the receptionist fit me in. I have neuropathy in my feet and need to go there to get my nails cut. The toes are so sensitive that I cannot do them myself and the doctor checks my feet out to make sure they are all right. Today he put some polysporin on four of the toes as they may be potential problem sites for infection. So it pays to pay :>))
I did no sewing or embroidering today and won't tomorrow as we are going to the states for the day.
However I will be knitting on the sock, the heel has been done and turned, the side stitches have been picked up and I have started to decrease them. I tpook a picture of my progress. The part where the needle is sitting across is a stitch called Eye of Partridge and the heel is turned at the bottom of this piece of knitting.
I have some fabric to wash tonight. I bought some adorable redwork Sunbonnet Sues and the fabric to do them on. Embroidery, not hand work, Can't wait to get started. I still have my leaf series to finish so I will be busy. For some reason I cannot seem to piece and embroider at the same time. Of course the embroidey machine needs to be watched constantly in case it take into its head to do something other than what is has been programmed to do :>) It has done that before , well the 300E did that but this new 350E has behaves really well.
That all for tonight folks. Have alovely evening.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Would you mind sharing which pattern you use for your socks? The yarn size, needle size, etc. I would love to attempt to knit a pair. Thanks, Patti

nanboudreau said...

Patti, I need to have somewhere to send it. Maybe I can add it to the blog.
hugs
Nan