a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh I love a rainy night

It's true I do love the rain and this rain especially as it waters the trees. We live in a very forested ,treed area of the city and when it is dry for a long time the park at the back of us which is just trees and paths becomes very dry. Now that I think of it many areas of the city have lots of trees and so are in danger during a drought. Fires are so easy to start under these conditions so I worry until the rain comes. There was a fire in the city right next to us this past week, it has lots of trees too , this is the second fire in a residential area in that city. There was one last year also.
Remember the other day when I mused about the smoke coming from Russia as well as from the interior of B.C.
In the newspaper on Thursday a columnist also made a note that smoke could ride on the air currents as they come across the Pacific. The pictures of the smoke in Moscow show how terrible it is there. It is so thick that you can scarcely see through the smoke.
We were hit by another car today, this guy was coming out of a driveway without looking and on his phone. We saw him and stopped but he was looking the other way and crossing the street at an angle so he hit us on our bumper. Not much damage to our car but more to his and not enough of an impact to hurt any of us. He was in a hurry to get to a wedding and get this, he gave us his phone number and drivers licence, said get an estimate and call me when you have it and I'll pay to get it fixed. Weird !!!
Once again we are watching the B.C. Lions :<((( So early on in the game I decided to quilt on a preemie heart quilt for the preemie unit of St.Paul's Hospital. It is very small so I got all the major lines done in a very pretty stitch. I always have trouble deciding what to do with the borders as I am not good at free motion. We , the members of the group are told it is good practice but I hate to do bad work on a quilt that someone took the time to make and that is to be given away. I just finished doing several loads of washing so am done for the night. Take care:>)

No comments: