a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

grandson&great and a weird book

Good day for family, lunch with grandson Aaron, great grandson Adam , Adam's mom Kim, son Jim, Ray and me. It was great to see them all but particularly wonderful to see little Adam. I rarely get that opportunity as he lives in Louisiana. Sadly as it is seldom we see them he did not remember Ray and I from the last visit. But now he is eight he may remember us the next time which I hope will be in the fall. If all goes well Jim will take us to Louisiana in October. I gave him some birthday money as his birthday is in September , so maybe he will remember me next time LOL.
As for the rest of the day I have had a headache at the rear of my skull for the past two days so after lunch I came home took some tylenol ones and went to bed. it was still a bit sore when I got up but it seems to have settled down now.
My sewing sits neglected and sad as I have not been able to work. Hopefully tomorrow and maybe tonight I can get some had stitching done. Although I don't really feel like doing anything.
I recently read a book entitled I Am Not A Serial Killer. It is not that good a book but the comcept kept me at it until the end. It is written in the first voice by a 15 year old boy who believes that he is a serial killer , who wants to murder and who is convinced that he has a monster inside him. It advances to a real mad man and real monster who murders for body parts that he needs to replace his aging body parts. You can see how weird this one is and not really a book many would finish. I did but feel I got nothing out of it; there was the element of fantasy which I felt was not really part of a genuine mystery/murder novel, the mystery was not truly a story of much depth and the characters were superficially drawn. Not recommended!
Time out folks, have a good evening!!

No comments: